I've Got The Power...Well, Not Anymore

Chapter Fourteen-I’ve Got The Power…Well, Not Anymore

Harley stops in her packing to blow out a long breath. And when I say long, I mean very long. Like, a full minute long.

“Why?”

Her big green eyes look up at me I almost stop breathing. “Um…you know…cuz’ they….uh…”

A teensy tiny smile absorbs her face as she continues packing. “Maybe.”

“Maybe?” I echo. “You can’t…what if I say, hypothetically, that I…maybe…one too?”

“Then…hypothetically…it would explain a lot.” She shoves the last pair of jeans into her suitcase and zips t up. “Keep putting rocks in. Those guys are strong.”

Huffing because she didn’t really answer my question, I move a lot faster. “Where are you going?”

“Canada. I haven’t been there yet.”

I whirl around to stare at her. “Canada? No, you can’t…” She can’t leave. That I can’t even bare to think. We’ve been through so much…sort of… “I’ll come with you.”

“No, Bart, you won’t.” She moves next to me to help me put the rocks in.

“I’m not letting you leave,” I state seriously.

“By doing that, I will die,” She snaps, eyes growing angry. “These guys want me dead or alive. Mostly dead though, Bart.”

I stop with the rocks and grab onto her wrists. We both choose to ignore the sparks. “Let me help you. Trust me when I tell you this, I’ve dealt with something like this before.”

“Yeah, like what?” She retorts.

“My sister in law has carries some shit with her.” And, to shut her up, I lean down and press my lips to hers. A very huge urge to…uh…do something not very appropriate…on her bed…comes over.

Control the urges.

Charles’s voice scares the shit out of me, and my eyes fly open. Harley is still glued to my lips, weaving her arms around my neck. Before I can continue on with her, a very loud pounding on the door frightens both of us. We pull apart and Harley grabs her suitcase. It has straps on the side of it, so she hoists it over her shoulder like a bag. She comes over to me and kisses me one more time. Then she disappears through her open window.

I blink.

I breath.

….

WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?

“HARLEY NEWCROFT, COME OUT!”

Ah, that’s right. The guys in ties are outside.