The Wonderful Things You Can Find In An Airport

Chapter Seventeen-The Wonderful Things You Can Find In An Airport

PICK UP THE PHONE! THE PHONE, MAN, THE PHONE! IT’S RINING, PICK THE DAMN PHONE UP! THIS COULD BE AN IMPORTANT PHONE CALL! PICK IT UP! PICK UP THE-

I pick my cell phone up. “Hello, Bart’s pigsty. Where all your fresh meat is taken care of. How may I help you today?”

Silent breathing is my answer.

“Bart, you sometimes scare the shit out of me.”

A grin cracks my face at Henry’s voice and how he shuffles the phone over to someone else. “Hey, Bart!”

“Hey, Nora. How’s the kids?”

I can already see her sending me a wry look. “Absolutely fucking fantastic. You’d think they’d have jet lag the first couple of days, but no. All they want to do is annoy the shit out of me - CHARLES, IF YOU TELL ME TO SHUT UP ONE MORE TIME I SWEAR TO GOD I’M GOING TO MURDER YOU WITH THIS PHONE!”

The grin doesn’t leave my face. “How’s Nell?”

She sighs. “Fine. A little annoying, but who isn’t?”

You can say that again. “Yeah.”

“How’s Harley? Charles told me she’s your mate. I want to be the maid of honor, Bart. It would be-”

“I’m not marrying Harley, Nora. Now stop it. Why did you call me?”

Her mood changes suddenly. “Get the wedding bells ready, Bart!”

“I’m not marrying her! Cut it out!”

She laughs. “No, not for you. Edward proposed to Anna! He did it last week! They want to get married as soon as possible. They’re wedding is on Saturday. I know it’s last minute but they couldn’t wait!”

My mouth pops open. “No way! How come I’m just hearing about this! I should’ve been the first person to know about it!”

“I know, I know. Do you think you can come out here tomorrow?”

My eyes light up. “Can I bring a date?”

“If it’s Harley, then hell yes. If it’s that annoying bitch, hell to the fucking no.”

Grinning, I switch the phone and put it between my shoulder and ear. “You mean Tatiana?”

“That’s her name? God, I wanted to wring her neck. She complains about everything.”

“Harley and I will be there. We’ll get on the first flight there.”

“Great. Call me when you find out what time you get here.”