Chapter 9

Previously:

The tears fell down, soaking my hoodie. I looked at the door, realizing that I'm making a stupid mistake. I stayed there for hours, possibly days not eating or drinking before I heard a slight knock on my door.

Now...

"Hey, (Y/N). I haven't seen you in a few days. I wanted to know if you were alright." The voice on the other side of the door seemed concerned. I didn't answer, and I didn't hear the voice again.

After days of sitting in the corner of my room, fearing that he was mad at me because of my wrist, starving myself. I was too weak to get up. I tried eating at some points, but I just threw it all back up. Tissues of coughed up blood were piled to the trashcan on the far side of my room, I wore the same clothes I had when we went to North's, and I hadn't slept in a long time.

I sat there, forehead resting on my knees as  I thought what I was doing was the right thing. I fell too many times to count, I've brought myself back up only to be pushed down again and again and again.

I could've told him this, but I feared that I would be alone again figuring out that he really wasn't a figure of my imagination. As I thought of everything that's happened to me, I heard a knock on my window. I lifted my head partially to see him halfway through the window trying to adjust his eyes to the darkness. When he finally got all the way in and spotted me, his face resembled that of sorrow.

I gently lay my head back on my knees, finally giving up. Jack set his staff against the wall, and walked over to me. He had his hood on, and put his hands in his pockets and stared at me. Neither me nor him said anything for a long while. I thought I had road my last tears, but when I saw him in the window, tears came back.

He didn't make a sound as he sat directly next to me and put his arm over my shoulders. The coldness from his hands sent a chill down my back, and he fidgeted his hands and took them off my shoulders for a second before hugging me again. He looked at me again, but didn't make a sound as I placed my head on his shoulder, tears still rolling down my face. Even though I kept shivering, him being there, holding me in his arms was comforting.

After awhile, he stated humming a familiar tune, and it took me a few seconds to realize what it was. He was humming "Fix You" by Coldplay. After a while, he started singing the words. But what I realized, was that it sounded like he was crying as well, because his breaths and voiced cracked and hitched.

He positioned himself where he was infront of me, holding me at arms length, his hands placed on my frail shoulders, while I still looked down.

Tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
oh and tears come streaming down your face
And I

Tears streaming down your face
I promise you I will learn from all my mistakes
oh and the tears streaming down your face
And I

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you.

I looked up at him, and placed my head back on my knees. He pulled me close, his body cold. We sat there for a long time, possibly hours like that before he lifted my chin up to face him.

"Hey. Why are you hiding?" He asked, sadness reflecting in his blue eyes. He looked me dead in the eyes, and used his thumb to wipe away falling tears. "Please, tell me what's wrong," he said as he pulled me close again. This time I answered. After not saying anything for days, my voice was cracked and damaged, so it hurt both physically and mentally to talk. He didn't make fun of me, but sat there and listened to what I had to say.

"I'm tired of being the one who helps everyone else. I'm tired of being a shadow in someone else's steps. I'm tired of being pathetic and foolish," I say, lifting my arms to indicate what I meant. "I'm tired of falling and getting back up only to be thrown around again, I'm tired of doing stupid thing, I'm tired of not being listened to, I'm tired of faking a smile everyday, I'm tired of hiding myself, im tired of laying in bed, having these fucked up things pop into my head, I'm tired of being me, I'm tired of telling everyone I'm fine. And everything feels like I'm running around on a carousel of God's twisted life, trying to prove I'm better than what people think I am."

Jack chuckled, and hugged me tight. "You don't have to be sorry for anything, you dont have to tell people your fine, you dont have to keep hiding anything. Just tell me from now on, okay?" I looked up back at him and smiled, trying to stop my tears. He stood up, and waited for me to grab his hand. He jerked his head towards the doorway to tell me we should go. I considered my choices, considering I was extreamly skinny from me starving myself. The clothes I once wore were now oversized on me, and my shorts and tights wouldn't fit unless I used a belt. The hoodie I wore was extreamly oversized now as well.

I finally decided to get up, and as I did, something flashed past the window, black sand coming in from the window. Me and Jack looked at eachother as Tooth bounded into the room.

"Pitch is back," was all it took for Jack to grab my hand and fly us out the window.