Chapter 11

Previously:

I took a sharp breath in as I realized that Pitch dropped (Y/N). Me and Tooth rushed to grab her before she got the floor.

Now...

(Y/N) pov.

As the wave of frost hit the Nightmares, I bit Pitch, who let go of me to caress his hand. Before I could get away, he grabbed my necklace.

He must've yanked on it hard, because the silver chain broke. I landed on his makeshift cloud of black sand, and he pushed me, making me fall from hundreds of feet in the air. He tossed the chain and Emerald.

As I fell, I tried to grab the Emerald.

I heard Jack call my name, but I kept falling. As I looked up to everyone, Tooth and Jack were rushing at me. But before Jack could grab me, I landed on something, hard. And everything went black.

Jack's pov.

Me and Tooth stopped chasing. She fell on the dumpster in the alley we started in. She hit it hard. Hard enough to make her spine crack multiple times at once, and possibly a few ribs broken. The Emerald fell out of her hands, and the chain caught on her fingers. Tooth gasped and covered her mouth, tears threatening to fall. "NO! No, no, nonononononono."

I rushed to her, and held her hand. "(Y/N), you have to wake up! Please!" As I saw blood seep through her clothes, I saw that it was definitely possibly that she broke more than just ribs. The height of the fall was enough to injure her badly, but not enough to kill her. North and Bunny rushed over, the sleigh in the middle of the street. I heard North gasp and Bunny hop over. This time, I was the one with the tears.

"God damnit, wake up! (Y/N)! please..." North grabbed my shoulder, and that's when I realized that her blood was on my hands. I tried to escape North's grasp, but it was too tight.

I let my head fall to my chest as I realized that there wasn't much we could do. All of a sudden, North's hand left my arms, and he pulled a snowglobe out of his jacket. He said an address, then tossed the snowglobe.

As it opened a portal, Bunny called me over to (Y/N). North told me how to carry her if she broke back her spine. "Once you're carrying her, take her to the hospital," North said, pointing at the portal. I wiped my tears, and carried (Y/N) to the other side of the portal.

As I did, people stared at me, both children and adults. I realized that it was because (Y/N)'s blood was on me, and because I was holding her. A man in a thin jacket rushed over to me, and asked what happened. I made up an excuse, and told him that she was hit by a car.

He helped me get her into the hospital, and doctors and nurses swarmed us. They took her away on a stretcher, and a nurse came up to me.

"Please tell me she's going to be ok!?" I practically yelled. The nurse placed her hand on my shoulder, and looked me dead in the eye. "Sir, your covered in blood. Are you sure your-" I cut her off, and asked the question again. "Is, she going, to be, ok!!?" I was trembling, and couldn't stop.

The nurse asked a doctor to come over, and they both held me still as they lifted my hoodie up to see cuts and bruises.

They then led me to another room, and sat me on the bed, where the doctor got some gloves and examined my cuts and bruises. My breath got shaggy, and my vision was getting cloudy, but I kept my eyes open, panicking. They made me lay down, and hooked me up to the machines.

As they brought in another doctor, they closed the door and curtains, and examined my cuts more. I winced every time they placed their hand on my right side, and breathed in deeply every time they asked what happened. But the only thing that I ever asked was if (Y/N) was going to be okay.