Chapter 39

Previously:

Tooth just stared at me, curiosity and amazement in her eyes. "You're pretty strong and determined, (Y/N). You've gone through so many battles with Pitch so far, and you're still here. Sometimes, you amaze me, (Y/N). Someyimes you amaze me." With that, she left my room, leaving me to ponder what was said to me.

Now...

I stared out the window, realizing that I'm at the north pole. I stood up, trying to balance myself. I noted some frost on my hand, and smiled slightly to myself as I opened my door and peeked out. I open the door almost all the way to reveal a massive dorm room with flying toys, giant floating jellyfish, and more. I rush out of the room, amazed at the objects floating and flying.

It was like deja vu from my dream after I first fell into the lake. I spotted Jack sitting on the railing overlooking the production of the toys. I walked over, careful not to disturb him. As I aproched, he turned his head towards me. I stopped in my tracks, reluctant to head over just in case Jack wanted to be alone.

He smiled gleefully and bowed his head before hopping back over the railing to advance towards me. I smiled before hugging him tight, his right hand petting my head as his left held my close.

"Jesus (Y/N), you were asleep for 58 years, I didn't know when you were going to wake up," he said kissing the top of my head.

My eyes shot open as I took in what he said. I shoved myself backwards, nearly stumbling and falling. I stared at him, my mouth open. "58 years?!" I exclaimed, panic washing over me.

Jack lifted his hand to scratch his neck, and nodded. I stared at him ready for an explanation.

He looked down and sighed before lifting his head back up and taking a step towards me.

"Well, after Pitch dropped you off that cliff, you seemed to have gone into a coma for a long period of time. You haven't woken up since, and throughout your coma, me and the Gaurdians tried-"

I cut him off, panicked about what might have happened.

"Wait, w-what about Gabby, a-and my house, like what happened- is Gabby o-okay, what happened while I was in tha-that coma?!" I waved my hands about, trying to stay calm, but it was impossible.

Jack grabbed my hands, and shook my shoulders for a minute before sighing and looking back at me. "The entire neighbor good has been forgotten, (Y/N). Everyone declared you missing, and technically, your now declared dead. And Gabby's..." he said trailing off and bowing his head. I felt like I was going to cry. I was declared dead, no one knew where I was, I was in a coma for 58 years.

"Gabby's what..?" I asked, pushing Jack to continue.

Jack stared at me for awhile while holding my hand before sighing and dropping my hands to walk over to North, who was talking with Tooth and some elves.

I wanted to cry. I wanted to scream. Gabby was the only family member of mine left, and now she was presumed dead.

I turned and ran down a hall, wanting to somehow get myself as far away from myself as possible. To drop all memories, all feelings. To just drop down against a wall and sob to my hearts content.

And that's exactly what I did.

I slumped against the wall, trying my best to keep my sobs to a minimum. I buried my head in my hands and placed them on my knees.

It was if my entire world just, cut blank. It was as if life was toying with me.

I was hiding in the dark when I lifted my head to see Jack standing a few feet away, hand in his pocket and the other holding his staff.

I lifted my hand away from my head to hit it against the wall, which made Jack flinch of concern. I let out a ragged breath as Jack approached me, setting his staff up against the wall, and slumping down next to me. He crossed his ankles and bowed his head, letting my tears run dry for a moment.

He pulled me closer, to where my head rested on his shoulder as his arms held me tight.