Chapter 34

Previously:

He set her down on the hospital bed, waiting near the window for a doctor or nurse to come in and see her. He smiled to himself a slight, sheepish smile as a nurse rushed in with two more doctors after seeing (Y/N)'s lifeless body. As soon as they got her breathing, he flew off, tears in his eyes, silently cursing himself of what he'd thought he had done wrong.

Now...

(Y/N)'s pov...

I woke up in the hospital bed, wires and needles connecting me and the machines. I took in my surroundings as my eyes started to adjust. Before I could completely memorize my surroundings, a nurse came in. He smiled at me when he realized that I was awake. I sat up as he sat down on a chair next to my bed and started talking.

"Do you remember anything?" He said, pulling out a pen from his shirt pocket. I shook my head no as he started writing on his clipboard. I looked around the room ahaim, feeling as though I was being watched. The nurse spoke up again, asking me question after question.

"Do you remember your name?" I thought for a minute before responding. "Yeah," I started, looking back at him. "(Y/N). (Y/N) (L/N)." He smiled again before writing down a few notes. I got a chill down my back but shrugged it off, pulling the blanket around me tighter. He nodded and mumbled before continuing with the questions.

"Do you remember how you got into the hospital?" He asked, looking at me. I stared at him for a minute, thinking it over I didn't remember anything, let alone that I barely knew my name.

"No sir, I don't," I said, shaking my head. He nodded and wrote some words down before asking me one final question.

"Do you remember anything?" I thought about it, and one thing stood out. I remember being surrounded in darkness before falling, and laughter filling my ears.

I looked at him, confusion plastered to my face as I told him what the last and only thing I remembered. He nodded his head, then placed his hand on my bed.

"Unfortunately for you (Y/N), I think you don't have any memories. In other words, you have amnesia."

Jack's pov.

I waited patiently pacing back and forth infront of the window before I heard a deep breath. I looked over to (Y/N), who was looking around the room. I rushed over and placed my hand on her bed before speaking.

"Oh god, (Y/N), you're okay!" I exclaimed before reaching out to her hand. As I went to brb her hand, mine went through her.

My eyes shot wide open as I stared at our hands, and I took a step back in disbelief.

I went through her. I looked back up at (Y/N) as a Nurse walked into the room and smiled at (Y/N). I stumbled back next to her, waving my hand infront of her, trying to get her attention.

"(Y/N)?! (Y/N), it's me! Please look at me!" I said, taking a few steps back. She looked around again before stopping at me. But it felt like she was looking right through me.

I stared down at my hands as the nurse asked her a few questions. I rushed back over to her and tried to place my hands on her shoulders, but u only went through her. The feeling gave both me and (Y/N) a chill, and I stumbled backwards again, trying to get her attention.

I looked to her as the Nurse asked a final question. "Do you remember anything?"

(Y/N) thought for a minute before replying to the question. "All I remember is being surrounded by darkness, and then falling while hearing laughter.

The nurse looked at her dead in the eye, before responding.

"Unfortunately for you (Y/N), I think you don't have any memories. In other words, you have amnesia."

I took in a sharp breath as I stared at the Nurse, trying to not believe what he just said.

If (Y/N) has amnesia, then that means- " She doesn't remember me," I said aloud, shaking and on the verge of tears. It struck me hard, and thoughts rushed my mind. But the only thing I was targeting, was Pitch.