Chapter 23

Previously:

I sat in silence as he stared at me, the slight wind outside the only noise in the still silence. "Well, it is true," Jack said, practically reading my mind.

Now...

I looked to him and shook my head. "Trust me, it's not," I said, pulling the blanket tighter around me. He gave me a confused look before nodding knowingly. I stared outside as I realized it was still dark out. I Then grabbed my phone that was on my bedside table, and looked at the notifications covering the lock screen. I sighed as I read them out loud.

"27 missed calls, 437 unread text messages, 14 emails, and 27 over due homework assignments..."

The room was silent for a minute before Jack burst out laughing. I grabbed my pillow, and swung it at him as he continued to laugh. I chuckled before he grabbed another pillow, and we started fighting, pillows knocking over books and papers. It was as if light found a place in my heart, and I wished it could've lasted forever.

-----Time Skip..-----

I woke up to the sound of music. I reached under my pillow and pulled out my phone. I looked at the time before singing along with the lyrics and getting out of bed.

"If I could fly, then I would know, what life looks like from up above and down below. I'd keep you safe. I'd keep you dry. Don't be afraid Cecilia, I'm the satellite. And you're the sky," I sang, opening my shirts drawer. I pulled out a maroon crop top, and grey tank, and got some black leggings and blue shorts.

As soon as I got dressed, I heard a knock on my front door. As I rushed downstairs to open it, I was greeted by a white haired boy smiling at me from the countertop. I smirked before waving him off and opening the door.

I was greeted by a girl with red hair in a clover green plaid shirt. She looked to be the same age as me, and when I looked behind her, my neighbors waved. I looked back at Jack who just shrugged, so I let them in. The girl introduced herself as Amber, and thanked me as she waited beside me for the neighbors to come in. They smiled at me before asking a few questions.

"Hello, (Y/N)! As you can see, you've met our niece," Mrs. Eleanor said, making my eyes open wide with shock. My mouth hung open for a little while, but I closed it quickly to not be rude. I looked over to Amber, who seemed to be looking at Jack. I gave him a confused look, and he just shrugged, the same look on his face. Amber turned towards me, then to Jack, then back at me before looking to Mrs. Eleanor and Jackson.

She rushed them outside as I stood in the same place, confusion taking over. "It's alright Aunt Eleanor, I'll fill her in. And yes Uncle Jackson, I'm sure we'll be good friends," she said before closing the door. She rushed over to me, then pointed to the couch. I shrugged and walked to the couch, where Jack and Amber followed.

Amber sat next to me, while Jack sat on the floor. Me and Amber looked at eachother, then to Jack, then to eachother before Amber spoke.

"Ok, two things I have to comprehend. First, who's that, and why didn't my Aunt nor Uncle notice him?" She asked, as she pointed over to Jack. It was then I realized that something was wrong.