Chapter 14

Previously:

"You must've liked my little trick Jack Frost," Pitch said, opening her cage. He yanked again on hood, making her fall out of the cage. He caught her, and she gasped as a Nightmare clung to her, holding her by her hood. I began to rush at Pitch, but more Nightmares stopped me.

"You better bring the Guardians Jack," Pitch said as he, the Nightmares and (Y/N) disappeared into the shadows.

Now...

An hour later...

"What do you mean, 'they left,' Mate?" Bunny said, concern on his face. I kept my eyes and focus forward as I answered him.

"I mean they left. Pitch pulled her into the shadows, and I couldn't grab her. They just... vanished." Bunny looked at Tooth. I knew what I said must've been unbelievable, but it was the truth. Pitch and (Y/N) just vanished into the shadows. The nightmares are still down there, frozen to the floor.

"Why don't we split up.  We will find her easier this way," North said, taking out a globe. I didn't answer him. I didn't plan to. I just wanted to get (Y/N) back. When I said she meant everything to me, I wasn't joking. She was the first one to believe in me, she was the first one to make me feel like I wasn't alone, or being forgotten, she felt like more than a friend to me. I refused to let anything bad happen to her, and yet she's been captured twice, injured multiple times. I just felt guilty for so many things.

North landed the sleigh, and gave a globe to both Bunny and Tooth. Bunny looked at the globe, then at North.

"I think my tunnels might be faster, Mate." He kicked the side of the sleigh gently with the pad of a hind leg before speakinig again. "And, uhm, and safer."

North thinks it over before letting him fall into a rabbit hole. "So are we checking every corner of the Earth?" Tooth asked, staring at me. I still refused to speak, so insted, I just nodded.

We dropped tooth off near an alley in town, and North headed to Europe. I stood standing in the same alley that (Y/N) injured herself in. I sighed and grabbed my staff, ready to head off. As I turned to let the wind carry me to a corner of the Earth, I heard Pitch's laughter.

His shadow circled me, and when I trained my staff at the darkest shadow, Pitch revealed himself from a corner.

"Hehehe... Don't be afraid, Jack. I'm not gonna' hurt you," he said, hands behind his back. I turned my full attention on him, keeping my staff pointed towards him. "Afraid? I'm not afraid of you," I said, keeping my eyes trained on him.

He circled me, his multiple shadows dancing across the walls and floor. "Maybe not. But you are afraid of something."

I looked at him, following his every move. "You think so, huh?" I asked, as he slowly approached me. "I know so! It's the one thing I always know. People's greatest fears. And yours, heh. Yours is that no one will ever believe in you. Or that something will happen to your precious (Y/N). You seem to care alot about her, don't you?"

I rushed at him, freezing the wall behind him as he dodged it. "And worst of all, you're afraid you'll never know why - will you, Jack?" His shadows rushed over me, and what I thought was solid concrete beneath my feet vanished into thin air as I fell down into nothingness and landed hard on the floor. I scrambled to get up and run, but found myself trapped in another corner.

I turn around to come back from the way I came, but was faced by Pitch. "Why were you chosen? To be like this. Well fear not, for the answer to that… is right here," he said, grabbing (Y/N) from the shadows behind him.

I rushed towards him and (Y/N), who was crying and injured badly.

"Why did you end up like this?" Pitch asked. "Unseen, unable to reach out to anyone - you want the answers so badly. You want to grab them and fly off with them, but you're afraid of what the Guardians will think. You're afraid of disappointing them. Well let me ease your mind about one thing: they'll never accept you, not really..." He flew back into the shadows, taking (Y/N) with him. I groaned, grabbing my head trying to shake myself out of this twisted nightmare.

"Stop it, STOP IT!" I groaned, the pain of him messing with me messing with my mind. Pitch revealed himself, but this time, not with (Y/N). "I know every thing about you Jack. All your weaknesses, all your flaws, everything you fear, and everything you love."

I stood in a fighting stance, staff pointed directly at him. "You don't know anything about me!" He smirked and went off into the shadows. When I saw him afain, he was wondering around the Bird cages. "Of course I do! You're Jack Frost! You make a mess wherever you go - why you're doing it right now." He grabbed (Y/N) again, who looked like she was unconscious.

"What did you do," I asked, fear rushing through me. He looked to me, and smirked. "You might want to get to her fast enough, Frost. You won't want to miss the Fun." With that, he flew through a tunnel. I followed him, but when we ended up on the other side, we were in a desolate area, ice, snow, and harsh winds blowing everywhere.

I saw Pitch in the distance, holding (Y/N) above a crevice. "Dont!" I shout, concern and fear filling me, tearing at me. Pitch looked to me as (Y/N) tried to get out of his grasp. Her attempts were failing, but then again, she was beyond frail and weak.

"The staff, Jack! You have a bad habit of interfering. Now hand it over, and I'll let her go," he said, gesturing towards the staff in my hands. I looked to (Y/N), who was shaking her head helplessly. I considered the choices, then decides to hand it over.

"Now, let (Y/N) go." He frowned, then quickly smirked. "Okay," he said as he dropped her into the crevice.

"NO!"

I watch helplessly as she falls, then turn to look at Pitch as he breaks the staff in half. I groan in as the magic and life force leave it. I watch helplessly again as Pitch throws me to the ice wall above the crevice using his black sand, and fall in. Pitch laughs as he drops the broken staff into the fissure with us, and leaves.

I look to (Y/N), who is clutching the side of her waist, trying to get up. I reach for her, and pull her close, hugging her. She shivers and I sigh, realizing I'm not helping the problem.

"Sorry, all I can do is keep you cold. Pitch was right... I make a mess of everything," I say, resting my chin on (Y/N)'s head.

We sat there in silence as I though if how to get us out of this mess I made.