Chapter 13

Previously:

With that, Tooth passed by the window, and Jack followed. I sat in silence, staring at the window, thinking about what Jack said. Did he really mean what he said? Why did he say that? Was he really that concerned for me? I couldn't ask him. And I was too weak to do anything. I closed my eyes, letting the cold winter breeze rush into my room.

Until I heard a familiar yet terrifying laugh.

Now...

I stared at the window as a Nightmare waltzed into the room. It came extreamly close to my face before rearing up. It backed up and stared at me as I stared at it.

"Like my little trick?"

My head flicked back to the window to see Pitch standing on the windowsill. He stepped into the room, and the lights went out. He crept closer to my bed as more Nightmares followed him into my room. He pet the Nightmare that was closer to my bed, and I coward in fear.

"You know, I've missed the fear I brought upon the world. Everyone used to fear the Boogeyman. But know, almost all fear is lost." He lowered his head and pouted before lifting his head again and smirking. "But you, you have alot of fear. You fear alot of things, don't you (Y/N)? The more fear one person has, the stronger I am." He looked out the window, and I followed his gaze. Another wave of black sand was rushing through the town. In the distance, I could make out the Guardians and Nightmares.

I looked back at Pitch, who was silently laughing and smiling. "You see what I can do with great power? Distract Jack Frost and the Guardians from who is more important." He looked to me, and that when I realized that everything he was doing now, was a trap.

Jack's pov.

"It doesn't make sense. Why would he throw us a wave, but not show?" North exclaimed, leaning on his sword. The faith in the Guardians were being lost, and me being me, I felt guilty. While North and Bunny argue about what was happening, Baby Tooth rushed up to Tooth. They started chittering, and then Tooth gasped and brought her hands to cover her mouth.

"Jack, it's (Y/N). She's in trouble."

Baby Tooth led the way as I left the Guardians alone and flew after Pitch. I looked to Baby Tooth, who was zipping around, apparently as worried about (Y/N) as I was. "Baby tooth, are you sure?" She nodded her head, and flew ahead. After what felt like forever, we arrived at the same woods that held the lake.

I landed on the ground, and Baby Tooth perched on my shoulder. The shadows of the trees danced across the floor as a gentle breeze moved the branches of the dead trees. I started walking around, keeping a close eye out for (Y/N) and Pitch. Out of nowhere, I started hearing someone call my name.

Baby Tooth looked at me as I jerked my head to the West. I flew over the trees, trying to find whoever called my name before I stumbled upon an old and abandon bed frame. I landed directly next to, and examined it. It was rotting and broken, and I noticed a hole about three feet wide, and extreamly deep. Before I could consider going in, Baby Tooth flew in. I had no other choice but to follow.

When my feet touched the bottom of the hole, I saw grey light coming from the end of the tunnel. I took a few more steps before I heard (Y/N) call my name. Baby Tooth perched on my shoulder again, and I took of towards the voice. She we got to the end of the tunnel, me and Baby Tooth were filled with shock. The rest of the fairies were in massive bird cages, big enough to fit at least two people.

Baby Tooth flew off my shoulder to go find (Y/N) as I rushed to some of the cages. The fairies started chittering and getting excited. "Hush down, I'll get you put just, hold on," I said, trying to find the door on the cages. Before I could, I heard a gasp, and Baby Tooth came back. She tugged on my hood, and I took it as her wanting me to follow. She took me to the back of whatever this place was, where tons more bird cages were. She zipped to one that was hiding in the shadows, and that's when I saw her.

(Y/N) was huddled inside the cage, bandages covering her abdomen and bruises on her arms. I rushed over in panic and relief. "(Y/N)! You're okay! What happened?" I asked, clinging onto the cage. She raised her head and stared at me, confusion on her face. After a while, she came closer and reached her hand out to me. When her hand touched my chest, she started crying. She looked relieved.

"I'm sorry for getting you into this mess," she said, holding my hand. "Pitch came to my room a few minutes after you left.  He told me that I'm the one who gives him strength because I fear more than anyone else who believes in him. He, he said that he was going to make every Nightmare real." She started crying, tears soaking her torn hoodie.

Before I could speak, something moved in the shadows, and fear sparked in (Y/N)'s eyes. She gasped as Pitch yanked on her hoodie, making her bang against the cage.

"You must've liked my little trick Jack Frost," Pitch said, opening her cage. He yanked again on hood, making her fall out of the cage. He caught her, and she gasped as a Nightmare clung to her, holding her by her hood. I began to rush at Pitch, but more Nightmares stopped me.

"You better bring the Guardians Jack," Pitch said as he, the Nightmares and (Y/N) disappeared into the shadows.