Chapter 1

(F/N)= Father's name (Y/N)= Your name (H/C)= Hair color (H/L)= Hair length (E/C)= Eye color

This story is also on Quotev, if you have an account. My name's just Bella there, but all the stories that are published here were published on that profile first.

"Dad, have you seen my blueprint?" You called from the living room.
"I don't know honey!" He called from the kitchen. "Check in the basement!"
"Okay!" You ran down the last flight of stairs, searching for your box you had packed yesterday. Spotting it, you tore it open, digging around until you grasped a long, rolled up piece of paper. "Found it!" You shouted up.
"Great! Come eat your breakfast! The bus will be here any second!"

~~~

"Whoa," you whispered, staring out your window. San Fransokyo was lit up, glittering under a full sky of stars. "It's amazing!" You turned to your dad. "Where are we staying again dad?" He smiled.
"Friends of your mothers remember?" You looked down, smiling sadly. Your mother had died of cancer when you were six, leaving you and your father living alone in your small apartment. Though, being a genius, and graduating high school at such a young age, many collages wanted you. However, one caught your eye: a robotics university. In fact, your mother's friend's nephew had been accepted there as well.
"We're here!" The bus driver called back. You jumped up, throwing open the bus door, and stepping out into the cold evening air. You stood in front of a small café, it's windows glowing softly with warm light. Your father walked up to the door, pushing inside, you timidly following.
"Cass?" He called. An older looking woman with short brown hair appeared from behind the counter.
"(F/N)! (Y/N)! How are you?" She scooped you up in a bone-crushing hug. "I haven't seen you in ages! (Y/N)! You've grown so much!" You smiled shyly.
"It's nice to see you again Miss Hamada." You greeted her politely. She beamed.
"Well, you guys must be exhausted! (Y/N), do you remember Hiro?" You looked up at her.
"Yeah!"
"Well, why don't you go on up? He's in his room. Your father and I will start the unpacking."
"Thanks aunt Cass!" You started up the stairs she had gestured to, stopping at the second flight. This was the first time you would be seeing Hiro since you were five. You wondered if he would even remember you. Taking a deep breath, you walked up the last few steps, and knocked lightly on the door at the top. "Hello?" You called, stepping back as the door swung open. "Hello? Hiro it's me-" You were cut off as you walked into something large and squishy. "Oof." You stumbled back, dazed.
"Baymax!" You heard a boy's irritated voice sound from inside the room, "I told you, no answering the door!" The large, white thing obscuring your path scooted off to the side. "Sorry about him. But, he's only trying to help. I'm Hiro Hamada." The boy you had heard stepped into the doorway, rubbing his neck, and your eyes widened. He hadn't changed much, his black hair was tousled, and he wore a battered, grey hoodie.
"Hiro!" You shouted, tackling him in a hug. He lost his balance, toppling over.
"Owww," he groaned, holding his head. You released him, standing up quickly.
"Sorry about that Hiro..." Baymax walked over to Hiro, who was slowly getting to his feet. His chest lit up, revealing rows of different little faces.
"How would you rate your pain on a scale of 1-10?" He asked. Hiro sighed.
"Baymax, I'm fine." Baymax stood there for a minute, before backing up, and walking to the other side of the room. You just stood there, watching as Hiro looked you up and down, confusion clouding his face. "Wait a minute.... (Y/N)? Is that really you?" You beamed, nodding.
"I didn't think you'd remember me!" You hugged him again, delighted.
"I haven't seen you in ages! How long has it been? Nine years?"
"Yeah! And you've already graduated high school huh?" Hiro looked embarrassed.
"My aunt told you didn't she?" You smiled.
"I just graduated as well! We came up here for me attend a university!" Hiro looked surprised.
"No way!" You hugged him lightly, unable to contain your excitement. Seeing his face turn slightly red, you pulled away smirking.
"You don't have many girlfriends do you?" He glared at you playfully.
"I have quite a few friends thank you very much!" He patted your head. "But of course I never replaced my best friend!"