Chapter 19

"So, I won't get to see mommy again?" You asked your father, holding his hand tightly. 

        "No (Y/N), not anymore..." He seemed at a loss for words. You looked up to see tears rolling down his face.        

        "Daddy?" It scared you to see adults cry, let alone your own father, and you squeezed his  hand reassuringly. "Don't worry, she's still watching us right?" Your dad smiled sadly down at you. 

        "Yes honey, she is..." 

        "But I still miss her..." You stared down at her gravestone. 

        "We all do..."

                                                                                                                     ~~~

        "How was your date?" GoGo asked as you walked into the lunch room the next day. You glared at her, but sat down next to Hiro without saying anything. Hiro was already discussing the plans for going after the man.

        "We found him," he told the group, "in a deserted building."

        "So, we're going to confront him tonight?" Honey Lemon asked. Hiro nodded.

        "And this time, we'll be ready!"

        "Hey Hiro, how was the movie last night?" Wasabi asked,  taking a sip of his soda. Hiro shrugged.

        "It was fine. (Y/N) was scared the entire time."  You glared at him.

        "No I wasn't!" Hiro chuckled, and your face turned red.

        "Seriously though," Honey Lemon babbled, "you two would make the cutest couple!" You pretended not to hear the comment, and did your best to hide your burning face, not even looking to see Hiro's reaction. After that, they continued to arrange a time to meet Hiro's house, and you all went your separate ways.

                                                                                                                                         ~~~

        "Whatch doing?" You asked Hiro, walking into the garage.

        "Just some last minute check-ups," he answered, not looking up from his work.

        "I brought you some hot chocolate." You held up a steaming mug, and he took it, smiling gratefully.

        "Thanks."

        "It's cold down here." You commented, sipping your hot chocolate." Hiro looked up briefly.

        "Yeah, it is." Just then, you heard a knock on the door.

        "I'll get it," you told Hiro. He just nodded, and you peered through the glass of the door, seeing GoGo and Honey Lemon looking around uneasily. "Hey guys." You greeted, closing the door again. "Where are Fred and Wasabi?"

        "Wasabi's picking up Fred and driving over, so they should be here soon." GoGo answered.

        "Oh." You three pretty much sat in silence until Wasabi and Fred arrived while Hiro kept tinkering at his desk.

        "Hiro? You done yet?" GoGo asked irritably, walking over to him.

        "Yeah, pretty much." Hiro held up what he had been working on. It was your black helmet. "I was just fixing the communication on (Y/N)'s helmet. It should be working fine now." He handed it to you.

        "Thanks Hiro!"

        "Go on and try it on!" Honey Lemon urged, taking out her phone. You rolled your eyes, but slipped it on. Everything pretty much looked the same, but a shade darker, due to the sun visor.

        "Try the switch there." Hiro instructed, pointing on his own head to where it was. You reached up, feeling for the switch, and flicked it. The visor was raised, and you could see clearly again.

        "Whoa, Hiro, this is so cool!" You exclaimed, taking the helmet off and setting it down next to you. "Thank you." Suddenly, aunt Cass burst into the room. She wore an expression of sheer horror, and she turned her attention to you.

        "(Y/N), I'm so sorry... but your father's been reported missing!"

        A/N Sorry for the short chapter, next one will be longer!