Chapter 25

"(Y/N)!" You cracked open your eyes, grimacing at the bright light shining down on you. Once your eyes adjusted, you looked around, taking in your surroundings. Hiro and Fred were leaning over you, while GoGo and Honey Lemon sat in plastic chairs off to the side. "She's awake" Hiro shouted joyfully, sending everyone flying from their chairs. Hiro looked relieved, and leaned over to give you a hug, and you flinched as he moved your head, letting out a moan of pain. "I'm sorry!" He exclaimed, stepping back.         
        "(Y/N)!" Honey Lemon stood next to you. "I'm so glad you're okay! You scared me half to death!" You smiled, sitting up.
        "Guys, I'm fine, but what happened?" Hiro's face fell.
        "I'll tell you," he volunteered, pulling a chair up to your bedside. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Honey Lemon whisper something to the others, and they quietly left the room. "So, after you attacked the man... he shot at your sister..." You nodded, remembering.
        "Yeah, and then my father..." You looked up at him, worried.
        "He's here somewhere, so you can go see him in a bit. The doctor says they don't have to keep you overnight, but you should still get some rest."
        "Okay..." You were relived that your father was still alive."
        "Anyways, the rest of us attacked the man, but... he escaped. Though, we defeated him, so he more retreated once he was powerless."
        "How'd you defeat him?" You asked eagerly. Hiro sighed.
        "At first he just shot at us, but when he knew it wasn't working, he changed to these long, electrocuted whips (A/N: I didn't get these anywhere, just made them up)."
        "Oh, is that what he did to me?" You asked quietly. Hiro nodded.
        "It over-charged your suit big time. Wasabi called an ambulance after that."
        "What did you tell them? That you're a bunch of teenage superhero's fighting evil?" Hiro managed a small smile.
        "We told them we were attacked, and that they shot your dad. They were to busy to ask many questions... though, I'm going to have a big lecture coming when Aunt Cass finds out about this..." You chuckled.
        "That was really exciting." You told him. "Never fought a villain before." Hiro smiled at you, making your cheeks heat up. The last time you had been alone like this, he'd kissed you, and you avoided eye contact as he pulled away.
        "I should let you get some sleep (Y/N), you'll be better soon."
        With that, he walked out of the room, closing the door tightly behind him.

                                                                                                                ~~~

        "What are you going to do about him?" You asked Hiro as you walked. He looked thoughtful.
        "I don't think he'll try to attack us again, now that he knows what we're made of."
        "We never found out his real motive did we?"
        "No," Hiro answered. "I guess not."
        You were walking to nearby diner for some lunch (as Hiro was still avoiding his aunt). The rest of the gang were doing their own thing, having made excuses so that it ended up being just you two. Hiro had just picked you up from the hospital, and decided you should go out for lunch to celebrate. 
        You laced your fingers with his.
        "Hey, cheer up! We beat him!" Hiro frowned.
        "But you got hurt, along with your dad." You smiled.
        "Hiro, I just need practice, that's all." He still didn't look convinced, but he didn't push any further.
        "Anyway, I'm just glad you're okay." You ducked your head to hide your blush, still not having forgotten your kiss. Though, ever since it happened, neither of you have spoken a word about it.
        "Hiro?" You leaned up and pecked his cheek. "Thank you."