Chapter 26

"Hey Hiro!" You smiled at him as he walked into his room, closing the door behind him.

        "Hey (Y/N), you want to go do something?"

        "Like what?" You set down the blueprints you had been studying to turn and face at Hiro.

        "I was thinking, maybe roller-skating? I've never been so..." he trailed off, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. Your smile brightened.

        "Yeah! I'd love to! I'm pretty much done here anyway." You set down your pencil, and pushed the rest of your plans off to the side of your desk. Hiro grinned.

        "Great I'll meet you downstairs!" He dashed back out of the room. You grabbed your coat, and followed close behind, swinging the door closed again. 

                                                                                                                        ~~~

        "Hiro!" You squeaked, grasping his shirt tightly to keep from sinking to your knees as you shakily took another step in your roller-skates. Hiro grabbed your hands, pulling you back up, and gave you a push. You immediately fell backwards onto your bottom. "Ow," you groaned, picking yourself up. "This is hard!" You told him. Hiro chuckled.

        "It's not that hard once you get used to it!" You glared playfully at him.

        "Says the expert!"

        "This is my first time skating!" He protested.

        "Exactly!" Hiro rolled his eyes.

        "You're just jealous!" He teased, helping you up again.

        "Of what?"

        "That I picked it up faster than you!"

        "In your dreams!" You pushed him, and started in the opposite direction, ignoring his cries of protest.

        "(Y/N)!' Wait up!"

                                                                                                                      ~~~

        "That was fun," you sighed, sipping your water.

        "Yeah," Hiro agreed

        After about another hour of skating, you'd decided to get lunch before heading back home. "(Y/N)?" You turned to look at Hiro, noticing that his face was red.

        "Yeah?"

        "I think I should tell you something." You raised an eyebrow.

        "Sure." He opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted as an employee came over to your table.

        "Are you two done?" She asked kindly. You smiled at her.

        "Yeah, thank you."

        You and Hiro split the cost, and walked out of the restaurant. "Sorry, what were you saying?" You asked as you walked.

        "Oh, I uh," he stuttered, his face turning red again. Then, he stopped, turning to face you. "(Y/N), I should have told you this a while ago..." You nodded for him to continue. "Uh, I-I think." You smirked at him, and he didn't meet your eyes. "I might, kinda like you?" You didn't say anything, but you were sure your face had never been more red, and you just looked down at your feet.

        "R-really Hiro?" Hiro cleared his throat, and nodded.

        "Come on, let's go... I just thought I should get that off my chest." 

        "No." You stepped away from him. "I think I like you too Hiro." You finally managed to look him in the eye. His expression was a mix of relief and surprise as he just stared at you.

        "Wow," he breathed. "N-now what?" You shrugged.

        "I've... never dated or anything like that," you told him truthfully, walking along side him again.

        "Me neither. No one's ever... liked me before, you know, nerd?" You managed a laugh.

        "Yeah, me neither."

        "So... you know? Would you.... go out with me (Y/N)?" He asked, blushing cutely. You pulled him into a hug, sure your smile was too big for your face.

        "Of course!" You stood like that for a bit, before pulling back. "I guess I'll have to ask my dad... I've never had a.. boyfriend before, and I'm not sure he'll approve." Hiro laced his fingers with yours.

        "We'll tell him together." He promised.