Chapter 27

You gulped nervously, and pushed open the door to your father's room, Hiro following close behind. This was going to be harder than you thought...

        "Dad?" You walked over to his bed. He looked weak, and looked up at you with a small smile.

        "Hey sweetie!" He coughed, and lay his head back down again. "It's nice to see you!"

        "Yeah..." You pulled up a chair and sat down next to him. Hiro did the same. "Listen," you started. Hiro set a hand on your shoulder, and smiled at you reassuringly. "Hiro, well... we went out for the day- just as friends, and went roller-skating and stuff." Rubbing your neck, you closed your eyes and finished. "AndhekindofmaybeaskedmeoutandImighthavesaidyes!" Your father looked at you, confused, and Hiro face palmed.

        "(Y/N), can I?" You nodded gratefully at Hiro, and stepped off to the side. "Sir, your daughter, is the most amazing, beautiful, smart and creative person I've ever met. You blushed a dark red at this, surprised at what he said, and you couldn't help wondering if that's what he actually thought. Your dad raised an eyebrow, and Hiro gulped. "Now, she's fourteen now, and I know that's kind of young, but-"

        "(Y/N)!" He boomed, cutting Hiro off mid-sentence. "Come over here!" You bowed your head, and trudged over to him, your eyes stinging. "Is this what I think it is?" He asked quietly, looking at his hands.

        "Y-yeah, probably," You answered, wiping your eyes. He sighed heavily, and opened his arms. You let him fold you into his warm chest.

        "You've grown up haven't you?" You smiled. "Hiro, I know you're a very responsible young man." Hiro brightened at this. "And I place full trust in you. So my answer is yes." You gasped, hugging your father tightly.

        "Thank you dad! You won't regret this!"

        "But I need to lay down some ground rules for your first boyfriend (Y/N)." You nodded, still smiling. Your father smiled again, and kissed the top of your head. "I love you (Y/N)," he whispered.

        "I love you too dad."

                                                                                                                             ~~~

        "I'm glad we're together now (Y/N)." Hiro sat down next to you on nearby bench.

        "Me too," you sighed, squeezing his hand.

        "You know, I've never felt like this around anyone." He said quietly after a moment of silence. You looked at him, seeing his face turn a bright shade of red. 

.       "Me neither," you agreed. "But it feels nice." Hiro chucked.

.       "Yeah, it does." 

.       You watched a leaf fall from a tall tree, following it with your eyes as it fluttered down to the ground. 

.       "How long?" You asked Hiro, turning to look at him. 

.      "How long what?" He asked. 

.      "Have you liked me?" Hiro groaned. 

.       "(Y/N)! Don't make me!" You smirked.

.      "Oh? So it's embarrassing then?" Hiro shook his head, but didn't say anything. He's so cute! You loved the way little dimples always formed around his cheeks when he smiled. And his blush! It made you want to melt right there. But you'd rather die than tell Hiro any of that. 

.       "Really, since the first time I saw you again, even though I didn't know it!"