Chapter 28

"(Y/N)!" Hiro called.

        "Yeah?" You walked out from behind the separator the stood between your two rooms.

        "I-I have something for you." You smiled, coming to sit down next to him on his bed.

        "What is it?" Hiro brought out a small box, one you recognized as the one he brought home all those weeks ago.

        "It's... for me?"

        "Yeah," Hiro tried to hide his blush by ducking his head. "I bought it for you a while back, but I-I was to afraid to give it to you."

        You picked it up the box, setting it on your lap, and looking up at Hiro. He nodded, and you lifted the lid up.

        "Hiro," you gasped, staring at its contents. Laying inside the box was a beautiful golden necklace, with a small, feather-like charm in the middle. "It's beautiful." Hiro smiled.

        "Do you like it? I spent all my money on it... so...."

        "Idiot," you muttered, still unable to wipe the smile off your face. Picking up your necklace, you strung it around your neck, shivering as the cold chain touched your skin. "It's so pretty Hiro!" You hugged him tightly and he returned the embrace, sighing softly. 

        "It was nothing (Y/N)." 

        Leaning up, you kissed his cheek softy, smiling as his face turned bright red.

        Just then, aunt Cass burst into the room, looking as if she was about to cry.

        "(Y/N)!" She gasped. You turned to look at her, frozen in fear, your thoughts first going to your father.

        "My father?" You asked right away, standing up. To your dismay, she nodded solemnly.

        "You should come. He's still alive, but he might not have much longer. You felt your eyes stinging already, and you dashed out of the room, with Hiro trialing behind.

        "I'll meet you there." Aunt Cass ordered once you got inside.

        "Yeah," you answered, walking briskly into his room. There, your father was surrounded by five or six nurses and doctors who were rushing around, muttering to each other. "Dad!" You gasped, running to his bedside.

        "Hey honey." He reached up to stroke your face softly. "How was your day?" You were sobbing now, clutching onto his chest.

        "Dad, what's going to happen to you?"

        "I'll be fine sweetie, I'll be just fine."

        "Dad!" You choked out, unable to say anymore. "Dad, I love you!"

        "(Y/N)," He looked into your eyes. "I love you, more then anything else in the entire world. You know that right?" You could only nod.

        "I-I,"

        "He's stabling!" You heard a doctor shout. They were rushing round now, yelling orders. "Yes!" You heard another shout. 

        Your father looked happier for a moment, and he smiled, like he was relived. Then, the beeping started.

        "No, no, no!" Your dad seemed to be loosing consciousness. "Keep talking to him!" A nurse shouted at you.

        "Dad! Dad! Hang in there! You're going to be alright!"

        "(Y/N)," pulled you closer to him, and kissed he top of your head. "My beautiful daughter."

        "We're loosing him!"

        You let out a cry as you were pushed back from him.

        "No!" You screamed, fighting the man. "Let me see him! He's my dad! Let me see him-" You felt like you were about to throw up, never having sobbed this hard in your life.

        "Get her out of here!" He shouted to Cass, pushing you toward her. She dragged you out of the room.

        "(Y/N)!" Hiro ran over to you, embracing you in a warm hug. You continued to sob, leaning into his shoulder, until a doctor came out of your father's room.

        "Miss (L/N)... I'm so sorry."