Chapter 8

"(Y/N)!" Your eyes snapped open as you were roughly shaken awake. 
        "What?" You sat up, pushing hair from your face, and found yourself staring into the worried face Hiro. Remembering your dream, you scrambled a safe distance away. "What's wrong?" You asked, hoping he wouldn't notice your burning face.  
        "I can't find Baymax!" He told you, pacing.
        "Baymax? Wh- is he okay?" You jumped up immediately, grabbing your sweatshirt and jamming your feet into your shoes. "Have you checked the house?" Hiro nodded.
        "We need to go look for him!" You and Hiro ran down the stairs and out the door, your dream forgotten.

                                                                                                                      ~~~

        "Baymax!" You called, glancing down a narrow, dark alley, before continuing.
        "Baymax!" Hiro called, cupping his hands over his mouth. You had been searching for at least an hour now, and so far, you've had no luck.
        "Hiro? It's getting dark." You set a hand on his shoulder. He looked at you, his eyes big and sad.
        "I know, it's just-" He was cut off as a loud crash broke the silence.
        "What was that?" You asked quietly, edging closer to the alley it had come from.
        "Let's go find out." Without warning, Hiro charged down the darkening alleyway, and you followed quickly.
        "Hiro!" You hissed. "Wait up!" He suddenly came to a halt, eyes widening in fear and you crashed into him.
        "Hiro what-" He slapped a hand over your mouth, and you held your tongue. You followed his gaze, an gasped. Standing in front of you, was Baymax. The large robot was staring down at a smaller figure, nodding every so often. "What's he doing?" You whispered to Hiro.
        "I-I don't know."
        The figure turned away from Baymax and held up what looked like a piece of paper. Baymax nodded once more before turning, and walking in your direction. You and Hiro turned and ran back the way you had come.
        "What do we do?" You asked Hiro. You followed him to where he was hiding behind a wall, watching for Baymax to appear. A few minutes passed before the white robot appeared. He looked around, and walked over to where you and Hiro were hiding.
        "Hello Hiro." He greeted in his usually friendly voice. Hiro looked surprised, but acknowledged the robot with a little nod. 
        "Baymax?" You stepped up cautiously, and poked his round belly. "A-are you sick?" He looked at you.
        "I cannot be sick, I am a robot." He replied.
        "Come one buddy, let's go home then." Baymax followed Hiro as he headed back home. 
        You and Hiro helped Baymax into his charging station once you got home, and then you threw yourself onto Hiro's bed with a sigh.
        "Who do you think that was?" You asked Hiro, who was sitting at his desk, staring off into space.
        "I don't know, but we need to find out." You'd never seen your friend so serious before, and it kind of scared you.
        "So.. how?" Hiro got up again, and walked over to Baymax. He shoved his face up against his stomach, peering through the vinyl.
        "I don't get it!" He exclaimed angrily, pulling back. "I can't find anything wrong with him!" You got up, and pulled him into a hug, closing your eyes. He seemed to relax a bit, and you didn't release him until his breathing slowed, and he was no longer tense.
        "I'm sorry Hiro." You breathed. "I'm so sorry." You let go, and stepped back, looking him in the eye. "We'll figure this out together.