Chapter 10

Mommy! Mommy! Look what I made! You ran up to your mom, holding up a little piece of paper. and jumped onto her lap. 

        "What is it honey?" She asked, taking the piece of paper from your little hands.

        "Happy mother's day!" You shouted in your little six year old voice.

        "Oh, sweetie, I love it!" She held it to her chest. "Thank you!"

                                                                                                                 . . .

        "(Y/N), your father called, he said it's time for you to go home." You looked up from your coloring at your teacher.

        "But, school's not over yet!" You protested. She smiled.

        "Well, your father's here, and it sounds urgent. Off you go!" You grabbed your backpack, and walked out of your first grade classroom.

        "What could daddy possible want?" You asked yourself. You'd never been called out of school before. 

        Reaching the office, you spotted your father standing outside the office doors. When he saw you, you waved at him, beaming. But, he didn't return your smile. Instead, he roughly grabbed you hand, and dragged you outside. "Daddy?" You asked quietly. "Where are we going?" He didn't stop walking, and he turned to look down at you. 

        "Mommy's had a little accident, and she's currently in the hospital," he told you. Your eyes widened.

        "Will she be okay?" You asked, tears already beginning to run down your plump, little cheeks.

        "I don't know sweetie."

         Cass's Point Of View

        I hummed as I went from table to table, picking up dirty dishes. Hiro and (Y/N) had left a while ago, saying they had some "business" to attend to, whatever that meant. They had brought all of their friends with them, so I assumed they had just gone out to the movies or something. But, I was beginning to worry. They've been gone a long time now...  

                                                                                                                   ~~~

        "Tadashi?" You repeated. "You mean... your older brother? But I thought he..." You trailed off.

        "I-I," Hiro couldn't speak.

        "Little brother!" He called again.

        "Tadashi!" Hiro called, running forward.

        "Hiro! Wait!" You hesitated, and walked a few steps before stopping again. 

        Hiro stopped in the mist filled clearing, looking around.

        "Tadashi!" He called again. "Tadashi! Where are you?" 

        Then, a loud chuckle resounded throughout the clearing, bouncing off the concrete walls.

        "Who's there?" You called, walking to stand by Hiro. A dark figure made it's way towards you, clothed in a long, black cloak. He stopped chuckling, coming to a halt in front of you.

        "T-Tadashi?" Hiro stuttered.

        "Hiro!" You shook him. "Snap out of it Hiro!" 

        "Hello Hiro," he boomed, his voice disguised by a high, robotic voice, resulting in a cruel, disfigured cackling sound when the man spoke.

        "Where's Tadashi?" Hiro asked the man defiantly, taking a step closer.  

        "Your older brother?" Came the figure's voice again through the mist. "He's.... unavailable." Hiro glared at him.

        "Hiro," you whispered urgently, "come on! This man is bad news. We have to get out of here!"

        "Your girlfriend's right." The man agreed. "It was stupid of you to confront me."

        "Not until you show me where Tadashi is!" Hiro insisted. The man sighed.

        "Very well. Come on out!" 

        A figure made it's was slowly out of the shadows. As it came closer, it became wider and wider until it towered over the both of you. With a wave of his hand, the man dissipated the fog, and, standing before you was Baymax.