just another day | kairi

KAIRI LOVED HIS FANS but sometimes, they were just a little bit much. He could post anything on TikTok and they would eat it right up. That wasn't the problem, though. The problem came when his comment section would be barraged with weird, intruding (and somehow always sexual) things - like the pregnant woman emoji, amongst other things. He knew that a lot of his audience was female and that many of them wanted to date him - he would be blind to not notice that. But some of those comments really made him want to delete TikTok altogether.

It was a Saturday afternoon, and Kairi was sitting in his room scrolling through TikTok. He wasn't really focused, more so numbly flicking through the ForYou page. He was slouched on his bed, his gray hoodie pulled up onto his head, bored out of his mind, and no one on the godforsaken app was entertaining. His friends were planning to come over to his place but that wasn't for a couple of hours anyway. As he was scrolling, however, his phone buzzed, signifying a new notification. Glancing to the top of his screen, a text read:

from bIg BoY mAtTiA 🥵 just now

yo, imma come over now. shits mad boring lmao

Kairi typed out a quick response, saying:

aight bet

After sending the text, Kairi didn't feel like scrolling through TikTok, nor did he want to make one, so he pulled up one of his random puzzle games, waiting until Mattia arrived. Not 10 minutes later, he did, waltzing through Kairi's bedroom door, and promptly proceeding to lay down on the floor and scroll through TikTok.

"What's up asshole?" Kairi asked, the insult coming out naturally. "Don't you know how to knock?"

"What, were you masturbating or some shit?" Mattia smirked, glancing up from his phone and at Kairi.

"I could've been," The Japanese boy scoffed, throwing up the middle finger.

"You right. I forgot you lost no nut November," Mattia retorted devilishly as he caught glimpse of the finger.

"Fuck you," Kairi laughed, "Don't need to expose me like that."

"Nah, I wanted to though," Mattia finally put his phone down and came to sit next to Kairi on his bed.

"You gay or something?" Kairi asked with a raised eyebrow, watching Mattia come sit next to him on his bed.

"Only for you baby," The Italian-Mexican boy purred, leaning into Kairi's ear. Kairi laughed it off, pushing Mattia so he rolled onto the floor on the other side.

"I fucking hate you," Mattia shouted from the ground, but not bothering to get up. That made Kairi laugh, throwing a pillow down with the other boy for added measure.

"Aw, I thought you were gay for me!" Kairi began scrolling on TikTok again, his attention pulled elsewhere. There was no response from Mattia, which was curious because usually, their banter was natural. Kairi supposed he had won, so a little smirk settled onto his mouth. A second later though, a rogue pillow flew up and smacked the phone right out of his hand, followed by Mattia launching himself onto the bed, nearly on top of Kairi.

"What the fuck?" Kairi exclaimed, standing up to retrieve his phone.

"Sorry," Mattia stifled a laugh and rolled his eyes. "You deserved it though."

"Yeah whatever," Kairi grumbled, "You woulda owed me a new phone if you broke this one." He examined the phone, checking it for any new cracks or scratches.

"Whatever you say, Princess," Mattia smirked and laid down on Kairi's bed once more. Kairi held up a middle finger again, but a hint of a smile rested on his lips. A comfortable silence fell between the two teens, until Mattia said, "I'm boutta go live. That cool with you?"

Kairi nodded, shrugging his shoulders. "You do you, man."

Mattia nodded and stood from the bed, coming to stand next to Kairi. He set his phone down on Kairi's window sill and pressed 'Go Live,' and watched as the viewers started pouring in. The comments on Mattia's live went nuts, as his audience greeted him and Kairi. As his audience increased, so did the comments. The two boys read them, both becoming confused when the words 'Mattia's ex' and "leaked" started circulating. Kairi turned to Mattia, furrowing his brow in confusion. "End the live," Kairi mouthed, so they could talk about it in private. Mattia sighed and nodded, bringing his live abruptly to an end.

"What the hell are they even talking about?" Mattia asked, starting to feel somewhat worried. However, his eyes widened when the groupchat with him and his friends started blowing up.

"Kairi, check your phone," Mattia urged, prompting Kairi to look at his phone. His eyes grew bigger as he read the texts flowing in.

the jersey boys 💯

alejandro 〽️

guys wtf is happening, who leaked that vid?

alvaro 💂🏻

what are yall goin on abt

alejandro 〽️

check tiktok. there's a vid of mattia and his ex blowing up

roshaun 👸

we gotta get that vid deleted asap

Kairi and Mattia glanced up from their phones with wide eyes, Mattia's face paler than ever before.

"Mattia, what the hell are they talking about?" Kairi finally spoke after a few moments of dead silence.

"I...I didn't think anyone else would ever see that video. I only sent it to you guys," Mattia said quietly, giving Kairi no means of knowing what the hell his friend was talking about.

"What video, Mattia?" Mattia said nothing, staring into space.

"MATTIA!" Kairi shouted, jolting Mattia out of his stupor.

"The... the one with me and my ex, Jenny. You know, the one-" Mattia is cut off.

"-With you and Jenny making out." Kairi nodded, realization hitting him in the face. He scrunched his face in confusion. "How did that video get out, though? You only sent it to us."

"I don't know," Mattia's voice broke a little bit, shaking his head, his eyes huge. "I don't fucking know."

"We'll find whoever did this and kick their ass. It had to be one of the other guys, Mattia." Kairi insisted, growing angry for his friend. But Mattia merely shook his head, his eyes blank, a rather deadly look for him. Kairi was beginning to grow afraid for many reasons, mostly because Mattia wasn't saying a damn thing. Finally, after what felt like years, Mattia spoke.

"It doesn't matter."

And with that, he up and left the room, leaving Kairi to feel that it did, in fact, matter more than Mattia let on.

----------------------------------------

a/n: ahh hey y'all, thanks for reading if you made it this far!! i hope to have another part up over the weekend or within the next week. this was super fun to write, and i was inspired by the many other mattia x kairi fanfics... so shoutout to y'all, the ogs!

anyways, please do me a huge favor and give me a vote! it'd mean the world :)

until next time my friends, 

mj <3