Chapter 9

Previously

"Anyway, come on (Y/n)" Offender mumbled, lifting himself up from the couch.

He held out his hand for me, and I gladly took it with a grin, "Thanks, Offender"

Grinning, he ruffled my hair, then dragged me away from the living room with Trendor right behind us.

But I could still feel his eyes on me, and once I looked over my shoulder, my own orbs widened slightly.

He had his arms crossed, a smirk on his black lips, and his eyes narrowed in confusion.

He's curious... about me

Continued

Sitting on my bed, I awaited Trendor and Offender's return.

You see, originally, we WERE going to 'go wait for Laughing Jack to leave' in Sally's room with Splendor, Tender, and this Lazari girl I've heard about... but the two enders thought it would be better to wait in my room. So that we wouldn't be crowded in one place, of course!!

Then, Offender left to find Slender and ask when the monochrome clown was going to leave. And after him, was Trendor, who went to go and check up on his brothers and the small girls.

Beginning to play with my hair, I thought about the new face with a shudder. I never really found clown scary like most... until now...

And I feel like I have a reason to be... I mean, really!! The enders had to lock the kids in their ROOMS!!!

"And why did he wink at me..?" I whispered, another shudder going down my spine.

I then paused, looking towards the door as there was a knock.

"(Y/n)? It's Offender, can I come in?" I smiled, letting out a breath that I hadn't even realized I was holding.

"Yeah, the door's open" I called, watching as the knob twisted and the door opened, revealing the ender that I grew so fond of.

He sighed, shutting the door behind him before faceplanting into my bed.

Giggling, I took his fedora and placed it on my head.

He propped himself up with his elbow, looking over at me with a small smile, "You look good in a fedora"

I did a little peace sign and gave him a close eyed smile, "Thanks, but-"

Taking off the hat, I dropped it back onto his head, grinning.

"It looks better on you" He chuckled at my statement, but then stopped... a frown forming on his face.

My expression went from happy, to concerned, "What's the matter?"

"Well..." He trailed off, sitting up before looking back at me, "...The clown is going to be here for a while... a week to be exact..."

My face fell, instantly sending the male into a panic. He gripped my shoulders, a slight smile on his lips, "H-Hey!! Look on the bright side!! You wont have to deal with him since you'll be moving in with Trendor tomorrow..?"

I looked up, my face once again gaining color, "Your right..! It's only one night!! I think I can handle that"

He grinned, "That's the spirit"

"So, where's Trendor?" Offender released my shoulders and rubbed the back of his neck, snickering.

"You would think that checking up on Sally would be easy... but... it's not" He arched over, a depressed smile on his face that made me break into a fit of laughter.

"Well, yeah!! It's Sally, you know how she is, just coming into her line of sight is instant 'tea party time'!! Not that I personally have a problem with that~" He huffed, playfully glaring in my direction.

We then sat in silence... just... staring at random things in the room deep in thought.

"So..." I turned as Offender spoke, "I'm bored... do you want to go for a walk? It's the only thing I can think of that wouldn't end up with Slender chewing my ass"

I giggled, then nodded, "Sure, I like taking walks"

He smiled, then rested his hand on my shoulder...

And before I knew it, we were downstairs in front of Slender.

"Hey, if Trendor asks where we are, tell him that-"

'I need you to do something for me'  Slender interrupted, causing Offender to groan in annoyance.

His hand fell to his side, as he mumbled, "Give me a break, damnit..."

Slender, clearly ignoring his words, spoke up once more.

'Can you watch them while I go run a quick errand?'  Offender growled, crossing his arms.

"Babysitting... great..." He huffed in annoyance before looked down to me with an apologetic expression.

But I just waved him off with a soft smile, "It's fine, Offender"

Slender gave my head a light pat before disappearing, instantly bringing a grin to my face.

"SO!! Would you like me to keep you company?" His face brightened, but only a little.

"I would love that, but you should go to Trendor and-"

"No way, I'm not leaving you because of some creepy ass monochrome clown" I whisper yelled, before dragging him by the arm into the dining room, then the living room.

The two CPs from before, known as BEN and Jeff, were still in the same spots as before... their eyes glued to the screen. I doubt they even noticed Offender and I sit behind them on the couch...

"Jeff, BEN, where did LJ go?" The ender questioned, watching as they paused their game and looked over.

"Probably in the kitchen... speaking of which, I'm starved-"

"Race you!!" Jeff yelled, quickly jumping up and darting off into the dining room... BEN soon in hot pursuit.

"They act like they're seven"