Chapter 14

Previously

'No... this is exactly what he wants..!'

And he was getting what he wanted.

Fear

He wanted me to tremble before him, cower in his presence...

And that pissed me off

So, I did the stupidest thing I could have ever done.

I BOOPED the tip of his cone nose

Continued

I sat beside Splendor and Slender, staring at the ground with a sigh.

I saw Splendor shuffle slightly in the corner of my eye, letting out a quiet hum as he spoke up, "...Why would you do that..?"

"I honestly have no idea... but hey, it distracted him... didn't it?" Slender huffed at my response, shaking his head.

'All you did was provoke him, (Y/n)'

"...It was his fault for getting in my face in the first place" I looked ahead of me, looking out the large window and off into the foggy, dead, forest.

I honestly think it's strange that no human has ever seemed to discover this place. Either they are extremely stupid and nonobservant, or they've just stopped entering the forest. I mean, seriously, all of the trees are DEAD. It's a HUGE mansion, you could see this place from MILES AWAY-

"-(Y/n)? (Y/n), are you listening?" I perked up, a red hue dusting my cheeks as I realized that I had entered my own fantasies.

I let out a light, nervous, chuckle... slowly shaking my head.

"S-Sorry... I zoned out..." Splendor sighed, slouching over with a.. seemingly... annoyed expression...

Was he... frustrated?

I stared at him for a few moments before turning back to the ground. Just the thought that I, me... (Y/n) (L/n), had made THE Splendorman so aggravated that he quit smiling is...

I just cant describe it

Side glancing at him, I let out a quiet whisper, "I'm sorry..."

"No, (Y/n)" He looked back up at me with a soft expression, "Don't apologize, it's fine... really"

My saddened expression didn't falter for even a millisecond.

 After Splendor and I finished our 'chipper conversation', Slender spoke up with a growl.

'Next time, just call out for us-'

"I can fend for myself"

'Not in the condition you're in'

"But I'm nearly healed"

'Nearly isn't enough, (Y/n)'

"I agree with Slender, I mean... let's be real here-"

"Oh, am I not real enough for you Billy? I was real enough for Georgie"

They didn't respond, instead, they gave each other a sideways glance in confusion.

"I... don't think we should even ask..." Splendor whispered, while I giggled.

Slender shook his head, about to continue, but...

Someone threw the door open, temporarily interrupting him.

Offender's tendrils flew in my direction, wrapping around my torso and bringing me towards him.

I blinked, then shrunk down as he held me in front of him with a scowl.

"(Y/n)" He growled, "What did you do?"

He set me back on the ground, crossing his arms as I looked down and twiddled my thumbs.

"U-Uhm... I..." Glancing back at the other brothers behind me, I but my lip, silently begging for help.

But they just shrugged.

'You brought this upon yourself, (Y/n)'  Slender hummed, standing back up with a huff.

Splendor just nodded, giving me a small smile before disappearing.

I turned back to Offender, clearing my throat with a cough.

"I um, I... I poked the tip of Laughing Jack's nose because he was trying to scare me" He paused before tilting his head in confusion.

"Scare you? Why would he try to scare you?"

'It's Laughing Jack, Offender. To him, (y/n) is like fresh meat'

I spun around, staring at Slender with wide eyes.

Offender snorted at my reaction, to which I responded to with a pout. Crossing my arms in the process.

"Heh, don't worry about it kid,-"

'Wow, his mood changed fast'

"-he isn't going to touch you" He lifted me up with his tendrils, putting me on his back with a grin, "Not as long as we're around~"

'What about when they're not around?'

I smiled slightly, then yelped as his arms wrapped under my thighs. My arms instantly wrapped around his neck, my face in shoulder.

"YOU ASSHOLE!!" I yelled, but it was muffled by his trench coat to my dismay.

Slender chuckled, watching as I peered over Offender's shoulder with a squeal.

"H-Hey!! Put me down!!!" I shrieked, holding onto the ender for DEAR LIFE.

He laughed, shaking his before looking over at me, "I've never had a little sister, so I want to try out everything~"

I stopped my squeaking, and grinned, "And that starts with piggyback rides?"

He smirked, opening the office door with one of his white tendrils.

'Offender, I swear if you drop her-'

"I'm not stupid brother" The grinning male interrupted, while I waved.

"Bye, don't over work yourself!!" I called to Slender as Offender walked through the door

Just before the door shut, I could see Slender's shoulders bounce slightly. Bringing a small smile to my face.

((I HAVE COME BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!))