27. Nana

You. My whisper floats in the space between us.

"Come here," he says, his voice low and gravelly. And when he looks at me, his irises darker than I remember, the back of my mouth grows hot.

I falter forward, a tiny step, losing a bit of my mind with each step that I take.

My heart is already lost; he has it in his grasp.

He's squeezing it.

I will burst.

I am going to burst.

He leans in to ghost his lips across my chin. 

He dips his head, and his scent is all around me; heady, dizzying, intoxicating. He leans in close, so close that his gorgeous mouth is an inch from mine, breathing his great night air right at my open lips.

"Jaemin," I say breathlessly, "I, oh - " He kisses me.

I love you. But my words remain unsaid, swallowed whole by his mouth.

The kiss lasts an eternity. I come to, gasping for breath.

"Haeri." His voice is not quite steady. "Haeri." My cheek is pressed on his chest, and his heart is hammering like mine, beating madly, frantically, like the wings of a hummingbird. "I just want to get to know you, Haeri," he whispers in my ear, then he looks at me, his eyes heavy-lidded. "I want more of this."

"Do you want more of this, Haeri?" he murmurs, trailing light, feathery kisses on my jaw.

"N-no."

"This?" His lips graze my chin, my neck, my bare shoulder.

"N-no."

"Liar," he laughs, a low, husky rumble. "Liar, liar; tongue on fire." He grabs the back of my neck.

He kisses me, hard, and I kiss him back hungrily. I eat up his lips and devour him shamelessly, and midway through a haze of want and need and fever, I hear someone moan, and I realise it is me.

The rain has stopped.

We walk to the car in silence.

I want to kiss him and hold his hand; I want to do all the things I haven't done with him. Since when has this guy become such an important part of my life?

His phone buzzes just as he starts the car; he glances at it and stuffs the phone back in his jeans.

"Is that from a girl?"

He shoots me a look, half-amused. "Yeah."

"Carol?"

"Nope."

"Aren't you going to answer it?"

"Do you want me to?"

I shrug. "It's totally up to you."

"It's just a friend. No one important."

"Aha."

He frowns down at his phone. Presses it.

My phone rings in my purse. I take it out.

I stare at the screen. It flashes, Nana. He called me? His eyes flit over the screen.

I lift it to my ear, looking at him, puzzled.

"I hear you breathing there, Kim Haeri," he says, holding my gaze, and ends the call. "Nana?" he asks, his eyes quizzical.

"Nana." I giggle. I stuff my phone back into my purse.

"Not Jaemin?"

"Nope."