49. The Gym

We're back at home. Our apartment.

My phone rings. I look at the caller ID and Puppydog Namju lights up on the screen.

Jaemin takes one look at the screen and scowls. "It's that fucker, I'm going to - "

Jaemin grabs the phone in his hand, inspects the screen. Glares at me.

"You want to answer it?"

I shake my head, No. How very curious. I believe - I do believe Na Jaemin is jealous.

"I'll answer it, then."

"No." I snatch at the phone. Jaemin holds it from me. It keeps ringing.

"I want to answer it," he says. "I want to have a word with him."

"No." I knock the phone from his hand. It clatters beneath my feet.

I look down, see the screen trembling on the floor. And then it goes still.

"Look what you've done to my phone," I say lightly. He is in a mood. Jealousy is a bitch. I should know. He intensifies his eyes into narrowed scary lasers.

"I'm going to the gym," he mutters, stalks into his room, and slams the door so hard I swear the walls shake. Temper. Temper.

I follow him, and tap on the door, "I'm going with you."

He pulls open the door, and stares. "What?"

"You heard me," I smile at him. "I'm going with you." I run a finger lightly down his muscled chest. "I'm going to change, and you're going to wait for me. We're going to the gym together. Just because you're jealous doesn't mean you can be a jerk."

"I'm not jea - "

"Whatever you say, baby," I chirp.

I pivot on my toes and sashay to my room.

Ten minutes later.

I swear I see a little something extra flare in his eyes when he sees me.

"I'm ready, Nana," I say sweetly. He blinks.

His eyes narrow slightly as they drift over me, narrowing even farther at my ensemble.

I'm wearing gym clothes. My mum had all my stuff delivered to the apartment, so I'm no longer a stray little kitten staggering around in Jaemin's oversized clothes.

He exhales. "We should go."

I bounce on my toes. "You're letting me come with you? Are you? Are you?" I squeal, and bat my lashes.

He looks at me with disdain.

"Do I even have a choice?"

"Well, I was expecting you to storm out and leave me alone."

"I'm not you, Haeri. I don't do dramatic."

"Oh, yeah? You do a grand job of throwing a hissy fit, though."

He looks like he wants to explode. ""Hissy fit? I didn't - "

"It's fine, baby. Just deny it. It's a human trait." I stifle a giggle at his face. "I can't help it if Namju can't get over me."

I count how many breaths it takes before he thunders down the hall, to stand in front of me. His face is flushed with anger, so that the edges of his hair and his shoulders seem to be on fire.

"Say that name again, and I'll - "

"Namju's a nice guy. You're so mean to him."

"You need something more than nice. Tell me the truth."