75. Fearless

We're all jammed in a booth at Delia's Bar.

We're celebrating the ice hockey team's win.

Suzy and I are on the other side of the booth, sandwiched between Jae Wook and Jaemin.

"Let's toast!" Haru, a tall guy with the dreamiest eyes, pipes up, raising his pint glass. "Champions of ice!" He is sharing the couch with Jae Hyun, a hunk of a guy, with a jawline that can cut glass, and Min Ho, who always looks as if he has just stepped off the pages of a GQ magazine.

"Cheers!" Everybody chinks glasses.

Jaemin drums his fingers lightly on the tabletop. Two of his knuckles are red and cracked, probably from that skirmish on the ice. I can't see his fingertips, but I know they're callused.

I shiver, remembering the way those calluses felt, trailing over my bare skin, two hours ago, in the darkness of the locker room...

Jaemin leans back farther into his couch, long fingers laced together loosely on his taut, flat abdomen. The edge of his black T shirt is hitched a little, exposing a delicious wedge of smooth skin. Whatever my face does, it makes him glance down and tug it down. When he looks up, we lock eyes. If a human could grin without moving his face, he just did it. I look away, heat rising in my cheeks. He laughs softly, a deep, gravelly rumble, and takes my hand, his thumb rubbing the inside of my palm in lazy circles.

Eun Woo joins us, pausing to survey the booth. Eun Woo is a tall, lean guy, with a perfect, glowing complexion. He would cut a dashing figure in a sageuk with that elegant and regal aura that radiates from him.

"Damn, it's full," he mutters, breaking into a smile when he sees me. "Hey, Haeri." Suzy sighs beside me. She has a crush on Eun Woo.

Jaemin reaches over, and pulls me onto his lap, saying lazily, "One more seat here, dude."

"Hey - " I squeak in surprise, but Jaemin curls his fingers around my hips.

I'm in Na Jaemin Country now. I sit on his lap and look at everything through his eyes. I am so high my toes don't touch the ground. I wiggle my butt a little deeper into his lap. It feels completely obscene.

"Baby," he growls in my ear. "Stop. That."

"Stop what?"

"Stop moving. Stay still." His hands are on my waist. "I'm in - " he closes his eyes for a moment, mutters roughly, " - a bit of discomfort here." He shifts my hips, stretching out his long, lean legs, and sighs. "Ah, better."

"Aw," I mock-pout, "Poor Daddy."

"I'm not your daddy." His lips curve again. "Though I could be if you want." The crooked grin he gives me sends a shiver up my spine.

"Oh gross. I'm not calling you 'Daddy'." Suzy gasps beside me, her face horrified.

But she recovers in a moment, and rises to her feet. "Be right back," she says, her voice high and bright, as if she hasn't heard a thing. "I want some more nuts." She struts off.

The waitress approaches our booth.

"Could I get you guys anything to eat?" She stares at me, like I'm a tramp, sitting on a gorgeous guy's lap, who's playing idly with my hair, and passes a bunch of menus to us. "We have some great homemade pies."

Eun Woo and Jae Wook start giving their orders. They flirt with her, and she laughs, blushing. Not that I blame her. These guys are hot. Eun Woo smiles blindingly at her, and it's like the sun has emerged from behind stormy clouds. Jae Wook, on the other hand, has a bad boy vibe, and when he narrows his eyes and quirks his mouth at her, she almost swoons.