TD [1] Like Any Other Day

'The pen is mightier than the sword, so use that pen to write me your number.'

Chapter One

Gigi was hurrying through the corridors and slowed down once passing a teacher, offering a brief greeting then resuming her dash once she was sure they were out of sight.

She clambered up the long rows of stairs, holding the banister for support until she eventually found herself at the top. The grey metal door was ajar due to the tattered booklet wedged at the bottom for an opening. Gigi tightened up her belly and squeezed through the slim gap. A gust of wind was the first thing to welcome her as she walked forward on the school rooftop, the gymnasium right below her feet.

The two figures standing by spotted her instantly. "Gigi!"

"You made it." They approached her.

"You better have a damn good reason why you called me to do this out here in this freezing weather, Sierra." Gigi hugged her arms, the thin layer of fabric from her shirt wasn't doing much to warm her.

Granted, she was the dummy who let the girl arrange their appointed rounds at random intervals with only a two minute heads up via phone call or text to inform. Sierra justified the flaky system supplied a 'flair of spice' to the game.

It was crazy talk like that which was why Gigi wasn't surprised when the girl explained her brash reasonings this time with, "The roof sets the right edgy ambiance."

Gigi glanced to the other girl, a voice of reason with a look that spoke of her deep concern.

"Don't look at me," Renée replied. "You're the one who encouraged her to go for that poetry class and now she thinks she's Shakespeare."

Gigi rolled her eyes but admittedly, couldn't say anything to defend herself. Sierra Ramirez got invested in all sorts of things her friends would be supportive of, then it grew challenging when it was taken to the next bizarre extreme level.

"I think you should both join too." The eccentric hobbyist was practically beaming to her idea. "It'll really broaden your vocabulary."

"No thanks," Renée was swift to decline. "My vocabulary is colourful enough, thank you very much."

"Same here," Gigi piped. "And I'm one frozen pinky close to sharing some of those colourful words with you two."

She'd noticed how the pair were all bundled up in cozy jackets but hadn't cared to have one provided for her.

Sierra tsked with a wag of her finger in disappointment. "One who does not take fast hold when doors of opportunity for learning are opened to them are whom one would call close-minded."

Gigi blinked. "What?"

Renée groaned. "Please don't tell me you're gonna keep talking like that now."

"Perhaps," Sierra hummed.

Another billowing wind blew through Gigi's body, riddling her skin with goosebumps. "Okay can we just please get this over with before I become a human popsicle?!"

"Right, right. Sorry." Sierra's apology could've been convincing if not for the smile at the corner of her lips. "Let us begin."

The daybreak sky was tinged with thin clouds streaking in the wake of the sun to observe the three girls sat crossed legged with an empty glass beer bottle Renée brought in-between them. The reason Gigi had been summoned was for them to perform the 'picking stage' of their game they'd started since freshman year. The game was an alternative version of Truth or Dare called Twerk or Dare.