Day 2

Song: Jingle Bell Rock

Harry looked up in surprise as Parkinson-Pansy dragged Malfoy-Draco over to their table and forced him to sit down. They were followed by Blaise, who was walking a much calmer pace and sat next to Neville, kissing his cheek.

"Tell him," Pansy ordered Draco.

Draco glared at the table for a long moment before muttering "Pansy told me how rude I was last night, and I shouldn't have been so cold. You were trying to be nice, and I shouldn't have disrespected that. I'm sorry."

Harry stared at him for a long few seconds, before whispering "It's okay."

"Lovely!" Pansy cheered, clapping her hands together. "I was thinking we could all hang out tomorrow night, maybe have a study night? I think it would be good for bonding."

"That sounds good," Hermione agreed. "Gryffindor common rooms?"

"Ew," Draco grumbled, but Pansy elbowed him and he shut up.

"Sounds good. We can go after dinner," she suggested. "Are all of you willing to go?"

A few people nodded, some expressed vocal agreement. Harry paused, but nodded. He couldn't deny that he should study.

"Are you going, Draco?" Pansy asked in a voice that suggested he didn't really have a choice.

"Yeah, sure. Can I go now? I'm not hungry." Draco's voice was soft and defeated.

Pansy seemed to have pity on him. "Yes."

He stood up almost immediately, eyes meeting Harry's for a brief second, and he left.

"So you're definitely gay for him," Blaise commented a moment later.

Harry almost choked on his food. "Excuse me?"

"Oh, come on. That pathetic stare you gave him when he apologized, and when he left? Straight out of the unrequited love handbook," Pansy added.

Harry wanted to deny it, but he was too stuck on that last part. He slumped back in his chair, defeated.

"So it is unrequited," he whispered.

Pansy's lips parted when she realized what she had said and how much it had hurt him. She reached out, brushing her fingers against Harry's arm.

"He doesn't talk to us about those kinds of things, Harry. We don't know if he likes you back or not," she tried to comfort him, but Harry just pulled his arm away.

"I'll see you guys at dinner, I guess."

He ignored Hermione calling his name, and left the Great Hall. He stepped around the enchanted mistletoe and quickened his pace when he heard footsteps behind him.

Unfortunately, he was walking so fast that he walked into an enchanted mistletoe ring.

"Shit," he hissed.

"Damn, mate. Need help? I'm sure you won't molest me like Seamus did," Ron said.

Harry turned to face his best friend, sighing. "Thanks, Ron."

The redhead grinned. "What are friends for if not to kiss you to free you from a cursed plant?"

Harry forced a laugh. "We live the weirdest fucking lives."

Ron nodded in agreement, stepping forward and kissing Harry lightly on the lips. Harry stepped out of the circle, giving Ron a sheepish grin.

"Thanks, mate. I know you hate doing that shit. I appreciate it."

Ron shrugged. "'S not so bad when it's not an attempt at romance. You're my best mate, I've got you."

Harry gave a weak smile in thanks.

"Speaking of, do you want to talk about it?" Ron shifted from side to side, eyes trained on Harry.

"Maybe another time. I'm gonna grab my bag out of our dorm."

Ron nodded. "Hey, I love you, Harry, you know that right?"

"Love you too, Ron." 

Ron gave him a half-smile of support and turned around, walking back to the Great Hall.

Harry stared at the slightly shimmering ring of the mistletoe.

He couldn't help but wish Draco had been the one to find him.