Day 14

Song: Silent Night

Elijah's parents were nice enough.

That didn't change the fact that Harry would love to be literally anywhere else right now.

"I can't believe our son is dating the Harry Potter!" Ophelia, Elijah's mom whispered not-so-quietly to her husband.

Harry tried not to wince.

"I have to go to the bathroom," Elijah said suddenly, standing. He grinned at Harry. "You gonna be okay on your own?"

Harry smiled back at him. Despite his own personal conflict with Elijah, he couldn't deny that he really did like the boy.

"I'll be fine, idiot. Go."

Elijah winked and darted off.

"So, do you have any siblings?" William, Elijah's father asked. 

"No, I don't. But speaking of-" Harry lowered his voice, leaning forward. "How is Elijah's sister doing?"

Both adults frowned, glancing at each other.

"Erm... she's fine?" Ophelia responded, seeming confused.

"I'm glad. Elijah's been through enough with other boyfriends and stuff, he doesn't need family stuff too," Harry said with a sad smile.

Ophelia turned to William, and they exchanged another confused look before she turned to Harry.

"I don't remember Elijah ever having another boyfriend," she said. "He never told us. Strange."

Harry frowned. "Huh. Well, maybe he wasn't comfortable with that yet. Sorry for bringing it up."

"I'm back," Elijah singsonged as he sat down next to Harry, throwing an arm over him. Harry flinched slightly, almost feeling claustrophobic at Elijah's arm around his shoulders.

"You never told us you had other boyfriends," William said sharply.

Elijah's mouth opened in a little O, and he turned to Harry in surprise.

"You told them?" he hissed, retracting his arm from around Harry's shoulders.

"I'm so-"

"I wasn't out yet," Elijah cut Harry off, turning back to his father. "So I didn't tell you about them."

"But you came out years ag-" Ophelia started, but Elijah cut her off too.

"Harry, I think it's time you left," he said sharply.

"Elijah, I'm-"

"Now, Harry," Elijah responded coldly. He stood, grabbing Harry's arm and pulling him toward the door.

Harry stood out in the snow, staring helplessly at his boyfriend.

"Elijah, I'm sorry!" he said. "I can't imagine how you're feeling right now, but I need you to know that I genuinely thought they knew. I'm so sorry for betraying your trust, and if there's absolutely anything I can do to make it up to you, I will."

Elijah responded by slamming the door closed.