Day 24

Song: Winter Wonderland

Ron was being especially weird this morning. His eyes were focused on the door to the Great Hall, and he hadn't touched his food. He seemed excited.

Hermione poked him and asked him something, and he said something about the twins that Harry couldn't quite catch.

"Fuckin weirdo," Draco muttered, grabbing the apple juice and glaring at Pansy, who had been making an attempt to snatch it while he wasn't looking. Harry snorted.

"Where's Ginny?" Seamus murmured to Luna. She shrugged.

"Christ's sake, you're being so weird, Ron, what the fuck is-"

Dean didn't get to finish that sentence, because at that moment the doors to the Great Hall burst open.

Harry's jaw dropped, and he burst out laughing. Draco dropped his glass of apple juice. Pansy made a small shriek of surprise. The rest of their table made various noises of surprise.

Fred and George Weasley were on bright rainbow brooms that appeared to stream glitter behind them. They were followed by Ginny on her bright blue broom, Charlie on his hot pink one, and Bill on his electric green one.

Fred- or was it George? Harry couldn't tell from this distance- swooped down above their table and dropped a purple glittering broom down in front of Ron, who immediately grabbed it and shot off into the air, joining his siblings as they swooped above the amazed students, tossing down handfuls of glitter and Skittles. 

As Ginny spelled the Great Hall doors pink (met by the cheering appreciation of her girlfriend from the Gryffindor table), Charlie scanned the Great Hall until he saw Elijah sulking in his seat at the Slytherin table. He glanced over at Ron with a questioning look, and when his brother nodded, Charlie shot some sort of spell at the boy. 

"Attention, students of Hogwarts!" Fred (George?) shouted through the voice enhancing charm he must have used. "We've added a few... accessories to your corridors! We wish you good luck maneuvering through your school!"

The other twin flashed a grin at McGonagall, who just had her head in her hands at the Head Table. "Just because we don't go here anymore, doesn't mean we're not gonna torture the hell out of you guys! Prank kings for life, baby!"

"What the fuck is our school?" Hermione murmured, head on the table. Pansy laughed, kissing the top of her girlfriend's head as her eyes followed the twins, who were circling the Ravenclaw table.

"Don't you have something better to do with your lives?" Elijah shouted, trying to spell his hair back to its normal color instead of vomit green.

Fred pointed at him. "A wonderful question! We do not!"

"No more questions please!" George added cheerfully, spelling the Slytherin banner to be bright red. "We bid you ado, Hogwarts... for now."

And with that, Bill shattered one of the windows and the Weasley siblings flew out of the Great Hall.

"So that's what Ron was doing," Harry murmured.

"The hell did they mean 'accessories'?" Hermione asked, looking panicked.

They found out twenty minutes later.

"I hate Fred," Harry decided as he kissed Hermione lightly, pulling out of the ring of mistletoe. "I hate George. I hate Ginny. I hate Bill, I hate Charlie, and most of all, I hate Ron."

Hermione looked around them at the thousands of mistletoe sprigs lining the corridor, and the dozens of people avoiding each other's eye or kissing each other.

"I agree," she decided, carefully stepping to the side. 

"Fuck," Pansy muttered, looking up at the plant above her head. A Hufflepuff started heading towards her to help, but Hermione 'accidentally' pushed them into a different ring of mistletoe and kissed her girlfriend.

"That's not very nice of you, Hermione," Harry joked, but sighed as he found himself stuck under another sprig of mistletoe. "Aw, fuck."

"Need some help?" a voice behind him murmured.

Harry turned to face Draco, sighing happily. "Yes please."

Pansy swung around him, lightly kissing his lips and darting away. "Too slow! Looks like you guys are gonna have to be much quicker about kissing."

Harry stared at her as she carefully spun around various rings of mistletoe, before pulling Hermione underneath one with her and kissing her hard.

"Our school is fucking weird," he decided, and Draco laughed, nodding.

"Oops," Dean mumbled, shoving Harry into Draco, knocking them both into a circle. "Sorry."

Harry squinted at him, but Dean only flashed him a wink and spun back around to walk through the corridor carefully.

Draco just laughed, grabbing Harry by the front of his shirt and pulling him forward to kiss him.

God, Harry was never going to get used to the taste of vanilla and the softness of Draco's lips.

Draco pulled away, looking a bit flushed, and flashed Harry a grin before carefully maneuvering around the mistletoe rings.

Harry looked down at the next ring of mistletoe.

And stepped right into it.

"Fuck!" he shouted, just loud enough for Draco to hear him.

The blonde turned around and sighed, grinning slightly. He stepped toward Harry.

And froze.

"Well, shit," he swore.

Harry silently cursed the Weasley siblings. 

Pansy swung around, kissing Draco lightly with a sweet smile, before starting to walk away.

"Aren't you gonna help Harry too?" Draco asked, confused.

She turned, purple-coated lips smudged from kissing and turned into a smirk.

"Aren't you?"

Draco gave her a look Harry couldn't exactly understand before he carefully stepped around the circles toward Harry.

Harry's heart was beating far too hard, and Draco leaned forward and kissed him lightly and quickly.

"That's the third time you've kissed me, and you've kissed me differently every time," Harry commented as they walked through the corridor, sidestepping shimmering circles on the floor.

Draco shrugged. "I don't know how you like to be kissed. Figured if I try a different kind every time, I'll eventually get it right."

"You know, you could just ask me," Harry replied easily, before mentally smacking himself for saying something so stupid.

Draco raised an eyebrow. "Ask you... how you like to be kissed?"

Harry tried to ignore the blush spreading across his face. "Yeah, I didn't really think about it much before I said it."

Draco just laughed. "Fine, Scarhead. How do you like to be kissed?"

"Hm. Good question. I actually don't know, I'll get back to you when you get it right," Harry joked. Draco mock-gasped. 

"How dare you, I'm a perfect kisser," he said, pretending to be affronted.

Yeah, you are. Harry just grinned. "Dumbass."

Draco squinted at him and shouted a string of words that should never be heard by children's ears as he was trapped under yet another mistletoe.