Day 22

Song: Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy

Harry walked downstairs to see Ron hunched over a large map, scratching certain things out and circling others.

"Whatcha doing?" he asked slowly, a little concerned for how insane the redhead looked.

Immediately, Ron crumpled up the map and burned it. "Nothing."

Harry blinked. "Yeah. Nothing. Which is why you're burning the map you were writing on."

"You saw nothing," Ron replied instantly.

Harry held up his hands in mock surrender. "I saw nothing."

Ron nodded once, satisfied with his answer, and walked up the stairs.

"Where are you going? Class starts in twenty minutes, we need to get breakfast!" Harry shouted.

"I'll be there later," Ron replied.

Harry just shook his head. His friend was weird.

He stepped out the door and almost immediately fell flat on his face.

"What the fuck?" he shouted as he stood.

"Whoops," came a cheerful voice that Harry instantly recognized. "It appears we're trapped underneath the mistletoe. What a coincidence."

Harry stared at the blonde boy in front of him.

"You're fucking insane," he replied with a straight face.

Suddenly, the door opened and Ron walked forward with a rolled-up poster in his arms. "Hey, Harry. Hey Dra- oh shit, you're not Draco."

"No, I'm not," Elijah responded, looking irritated now.

"Shit, sucks," Ron replied with an easy grin. He threw a casual arm around Harry's shoulders and kissed him, probably a little more passionately than he needed to, and then flashed Elijah a mocking smile. "Now you're stuck under here, and I've stolen your man. I think people call that karma."

And he grabbed Harry's hand and tugged him away before Elijah could even move.

"You're a fucking idiot," Harry laughed. "What's the poster?"

"Nothin'," Ron responded suspiciously, and opened the door to the Great Hall.

Harry sat down at his table, smiling at the people around him before reaching for the apple juice.

It was snatched away before he could even touch it.

"I'll kill you," Draco said with a deadpan expression, pouring a glass for himself.

Harry took his glass and drained it immediately.

Draco set down the pitcher of apple juice slowly, tilting his head with raised eyebrows.

"Motherfucker, do you want to die?"

"Leave him alone, he's had a rough morning. The stupid blonde boy from Slytherin tried to trap him under the mistletoe," Ron replied, sitting next to Harry.

"I did no such thing!" Draco cried, affronted. Then he winked at Harry. "Unless you want me to."

Harry's face caught on fire, and he dropped his head onto the table to hide the red stains across his cheeks. 

"No, the other blonde idiot. Elijah."

Draco immediately sounded serious. "He fucking what?"

"It was outside the Gryffindor dorms. If I hadn't been there..." Ron genuinely sounded worried now, not mocking.

"I'll fucking kill that-"