Day 23

Song: Do You Hear What I Hear

Hold my Hand has...1... MILLION... READS?????!!!?!?!?!?! WHO WAS GOING TO TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK THIS IS INCREDIBLE IM SO SHOCKED IS THIS MY CHRISTMAS PRESENT HOLY SHIT IM RLKFJOIERGJKDRNCKJDSHNFIUSR THANK YOU KINGS QUEENS AND ADORABLE IN BETWEENS ILY SDIGJRDIOGJOIRGJOVNJKVNDJFVNDNVD

Harry could feel eyes on him as he walked, and he desperately tried to ignore them, to pretend Elijah wasn't staring straight at him, pretend that he wasn't on edge, waiting to be attacked.

"Are you really going to ignore me?"

The voice was sharp as a blade and colder than ice and unmistakeably Elijah.

Harry turned.

"What do you want?"

One blonde eyebrow raised. 

"You."

"Too bad, sorry." Harry turned away, but a hand grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

"Let fucking go of me," Harry growled.

"I never realized how sexy you are when you're angry," Elijah whispered breathlessly, blue eyes searching Harry's for something he wouldn't find.

Harry jerked his arm away. "You really think that after what you said yesterday, I would want to be anywhere near you? You think after everything, I'd want you back?"

"I don't think you want me back. I think you need me back. You need to prove to Malfoy that you don't like him, and the best way to do that is to get back together with your ex. Besides, you probably still like me." A grin was on Elijah's face. He thought he had won.

He thought wrong.

Harry rolled his eyes. "You said it yourself, Elijah. I never liked you. I was using you as a 'replacement for Draco', as you put it, didn't you?"

He could see said blonde out of the corner of his eye, watching their fight carefully, and chose his words to make it sound like what Elijah had claimed was false. Hopefully, Elijah would fall for it and say what he wanted.

Elijah's mouth fell open.  "That wasn't true!" he lied, trying to dig himself out of his self-made hole. "You're in love with me, not him! I just wanted to rile you up!"

Harry nodded. "Alright."

And he turned and started to walk away.

"You're in love with me, Harry Potter!" Elijah shrieked at the top of his lungs, sharp voice ringing through the hallway.

"No, I'm not. We dated for like, a week," Harry responded, still walking away.

"You motherfucker."

Elijah's voice had gone so cold, so sharp, so angry, that Harry couldn't help but stop. He turned around, backing up slightly and stifling his gasp of shock.

Elijah was much closer than he had originally thought, his wand pointed straight at Harry's chest, eyes narrowed.

"What, is this an 'If I can't have you, no-one can' kind of situation?" Harry asked, trying to keep his voice level.

Elijah tilted his head. "Something like that. Petri-"

He didn't get to finish that sentence, because the beautiful, beautiful blonde boy that Harry was so in love with punched him right in the face.

"Draco," Harry breathed, finally relaxing for the first time in the past five minutes.

Draco didn't look at him, however. His cold grey eyes were trained on Elijah, who was now on the ground with a bloody nose.

"You fucker!" Elijah shouted, clambering back to his feet. "Where the fuck did you come from?"

In answer, Draco punched him again.

This time, Elijah didn't fall. He stumbled back a few steps and glared at Draco before lunging at him.

Draco twisted his body and threw Elijah to the ground, before whipping out his wand and shouting "Petrificus Totalus!"

Elijah immediately froze, face shocked and angry.

"Thank you," Harry murmured.

Draco finally caught his eye. "So, what Elijah said yesterday..."

"An elaborate lie to try and ruin our friendship," Harry finished, nodding.

"Would you call us friends?" Draco asked, tilting his head slightly with a smirk.

Harry pointed at Elijah. "You just beat up a guy for me. Yeah, we're friends, you fucking idiot."

"Harry Potter is my friend!" Draco cried dramatically, fake-swooning and laughing as Harry hit him. 

Harry decided this was the next best thing. If Draco couldn't be his boyfriend, they could be friends.

Right?