Day 5

Song: Wonderful Christmas Time

"Guys!" Neville said excitedly, running up to the Gryffindor table. "It's snowing!"

Harry was the first to stand, quickly followed by Hermione and Ron, and then the others started to stand too.

"Where are you going?" Draco drawled. He, Pansy, and Blaise were still sitting.

"We always have a snowball fight on the first snow of December," Ron explained, before rushing out the doors. The others followed him.

"Are you just gonna sit there?" Harry asked.

Pansy looked surprised. "We wouldn't want to intrude."

"Shut up, Pansy. You're not intruding. Come on. It'll be fun."

Pansy glanced at Blaise, and they both stood. Draco remained seated.

"Are you coming, Draco?" Harry asked.

Draco jumped slightly at the use of his first name, staring at Harry with wide eyes. He stood slowly.

"Yeah, I guess so," he murmured.

Harry smiled at him, which seemed to stun Draco slightly.

"Wonderful," he said. "Let's go!"

By the time they had gotten outside, people were already throwing snowballs at each other. Within two seconds of being outside, Ron nailed Harry in the face with a chunk of snow.

"You're gonna fucking pay for that!" Harry shouted, laughing. He gathered some snow and hurled it at Ron, who ducked away, shouting.

Pansy delicately scooped some snow into her palm, red nails contrasting against the white snow. She gathered it in her palm, seeming confused by the concept of what she was doing.

She made direct eye contact with Harry, and threw it right at his face.

Harry's jaw dropped, and he wiped snow away from his face. 

"And to think, I thought you had never done this before," he said, shaking his head.

She grinned. "I was a bored child when I was young, Potter. The Parkinson Manor got a lot of snow. The Greengrasses and I had many snowball fights."

Blaise kicked at the snow, seeming disgusted.

"People's feet were on this."

With a deadpan look, Nevile threw a snowball at Blaise, hitting him in the shoulder. That seemed to be all the motivation Blaise needed, because he shrieked, gathering some snow and running after Neville.

Pansy gathered more snow, dumping it down Hermione's back. Hermione shrieked, instinctively taking off her shirt to get rid of the sensation.

Harry didn't miss the way Pansy's eyes widened in shock and roamed over Hermione's body, focusing quite a lot on her black bra.

Hermione blushed, throwing her shirt back on and getting her revenge on Pansy.

Harry turned to Draco. "Are you gonna play?" he asked.

Draco shrugged. "I don't know."

Harry shrugged, pretending he didn't care if the blonde played, and threw a snowball at Ginny.

"You're just mad that I broke up with you!" she shouted.

"Yeah, it didn't have anything to do with the fact that you're an easy target!" Harry called back.

"The hell did you call me, Potter-!" she shouted, chasing him with a handful of snow. Harry laughed and dodged her, gathering more snow and hurling it.

She dodged it, and it hit Draco right in the neck. She laughed, rushing off after Seamus.

Harry remained frozen, staring at Draco with wide eyes.

"I'm sorry-" he started.

Draco just ran his fingers over his neck, watching the snow fall off. He raised his eyebrows and tilted his head at Harry. He bent down, scooping up some snow.

And he nailed Harry right in the neck with a snowball, in the exact same place he had hit Draco.

Harry broke into a grin, shouting with mock outrage. "How can you throw so good?"

"I used to want to be a Chaser," Draco replied, winking at Harry. He darted off after Blaise, who wasn't looking at him.

Harry stayed where he was, stunned by Draco winking at him, only brought back to reality by Hermione hitting the back of his head with a snowball.

I've got to get my shit together.

He shook his head slightly, trying to focus, and threw a snowball at Ron, finally hitting him in the shoulder.

Somehow Draco ended up next to him, looking exhilarated. His nose was an adorable shade of pink, his cheeks flushed, a smile on his face.

God, Harry was so in love with him.

"You look like you've been electrocuted, Potter. You good?"

Harry grinned wickedly, bringing out the snowball he had hidden behind his back, and hit Draco in the shoulder before darting away.

"You son of a-!"

Harry ducked, avoiding the snowball Neville had aimed at his head, and threw one back in retaliation. 

"Six o'clock," Pansy muttered to him as she ran past.

Confused, Harry turned around, only to be met with a shirtless Draco, who was shaking snow out of his sweatshirt as Blaise laughed. Draco was good-naturedly yelling at him.

Harry couldn't move. He was too stunned by the gorgeous person in front of him.

Now he knew what Pansy felt like when Hermione had taken off her shirt.

Draco finally shook all of the snow out of his sweatshirt, pulling it back on. He met Harry's eyes, and his smile dropped. He tilted his head to the side in confusion.

Harry ran away, throwing a snowball at Dean and pretending that he hadn't been staring at Draco.

After a while, Hermione shouted something about hot chocolate, and they all went inside.

The Great Hall was empty, except for them.

"I have an idea," Hermione said, and they headed to the kitchens.

They grabbed a bunch of hot chocolate and popcorn from the kitchens, bringing them up to the Gryffindor Common Room. Ron and Neville grabbed a bunch of blankets and pillows from upstairs, and Dean and Seamus dragged down a couple of extra beanbags from the dorms upstairs. 

Dean and Seamus, Luna and Ginny, and Blaise and Neville each coupled up on a beanbag, draping soft blankets over themselves. Hermione, Pansy, Harry, Ron, and Draco each got their own beanbags and blankets. They arranged themselves in a sort of circle, with their popcorn and drinks in the middle.

They talked and laughed and shared stories, and at some point, while Ron was sharing his plan of how to sneak the Weasley twins into Hogwarts, Draco leaned over and murmured in Harry's ear.

"Why were you staring at me earlier?"

Harry took a moment to respond, just because it was so distracting to have Draco so close to him, too much of a turn on to have him whisper in Harry's ear, words low and soft and private.

"When?" he asked, playing stupid.

"When Blaise dumped snow down my back and I took off my shirt."

"I don't remember that," Harry lied, and pretended to listen to Ron's story. After a couple of seconds, he glanced over at Draco.

Was it his imagination, or did Draco look disappointed?

Harry ignored that thought and pretended to pay attention as Ron discussed secret passages into the castle.

He also pretended to ignore the look Pansy gave him.