Day 15

Song: Mele Kalikimaka

Harry walked into the Gryffindor Common Room to see Christmas lights strung around the room and Christmas music blasting from floating speakers.

He blinked and stared around the room. Hermione and Blaise were playing chess on a chessboard that was spelled red and green. Ginny and Luna were dancing to the music. Ron and Seamus were sitting on the couch with what looked suspiciously like a map spread across the table, drawing little circles and arguing over secret passages. Draco was making hot chocolate in a manufactured mini-kitchen off to the side. Pansy and Dean were hanging ornaments on the tree. Neville was drawing in a notebook by the fire.

"Done!" Draco cheered, and waved his wand. Several hot chocolate cups floated up and into the hands of each of the people in the room, including Harry. Draco shrugged sheepishly at his confused look.

"I figured you'd show up eventually. Where were you, anyway?" he asked as he dropped down on a beanbag.

"I stayed the night in the city."

"Why?"

"I was out visiting Elijah's parents, but he kicked me out and I didn't want to Apparate outside of Hogwarts grounds after dark, so I just got a hotel room," Harry responded casually as he sat on another beanbag, as if he hadn't been scared out of his mind last night.

"He kicked you out?" Draco asked in shock. "What ever for?"

"I mentioned old boyfriends, and he apparently hadn't told them about them. He was justified in doing so," Harry replied. "I deserved it, I shouldn't have brought it up."

"Merlin, Harry! That's awful of him!" Draco cried. "He shouldn't have done that."

Harry just shrugged and sipped his hot chocolate.

"I'm serious, Harry, that's fucked," Draco said. Then he frowned. "Wait, I don't remember Elijah having any-"

"Let's dance!" Pansy shouted, and Draco was cut off and swept away by the black-haired girl.

Dean laughed, pulling Seamus up from the couch and spinning him around. Neville abandoned his notebook in favor of grabbing Blaise and dragging him into a dance. Hermione looked up in surprise from the abandoned chessboard and then caught Harry's eye, grinning. Before he could say anything, she had pulled him to his feet and twirled him around. He laughed as they danced, and felt strangely reminiscent of their dance in the forest a year earlier.

Noticing Ron sitting alone on the couch, Harry briefly released Hermione to grab the redhead's hand, pulling him up with a bright smile. He spun the boy around, before letting go of his hand and pushing him lightly toward Hermione. She laughed lightly and danced off with him.

Harry wandered across the room, only to be grabbed by Luna seconds later.

"I'm tired!" she said cheerfully, pushing Ginny toward him and wandering off.

Ginny grinned, spinning around and dancing with him.

"How have you been?" he asked.

"You mean since the last time we really talked, after that Vane chick tried to suck your face off?" Ginny's words would have normally sounded harsh to anyone else listening, but the easy smirk on her face told Harry there were no hard feelings.

"Erm, yeah."

"Oh, don't be so awkward about it. If she hadn't, I probably would never have broken up with you, and I would have never started dating Luna, and you would have never dated..." she swallowed hard, before continuing. "Elijah."

 Harry paused in his dancing, grabbing her arm to stop her too. "Do you not like Elijah?" he asked, frowning slightly.

"Doesn't matter if I do, you're... happy with him," she said, seeming to force the words out.

"Ginny, if something's wrong-"

"It's nothing, Harry, I'm probably wrong and misreading the situation," Ginny tried to pull away, but Harry desperately clutched onto her arm.

"Ginny, tell me."

She sighed, stepping closer. "He just... he seems a bit manipulative, okay? And I know I'm probably wrong, because you know him better than me, but he just seems a bit off, and I don't like the vibes I get from him." She sighed. "But your happiness is important, Harry, and if you're happy with him, then I'm happy for you. I'm not here to play homewrecker, I found my soulmate, and I really hope you find yours."

She pulled away, leaving presumably to find Luna.

"You alright?"

The warm voice calmed Harry almost immediately, warming him, and in a split second, his mind made connections that he really wished it wouldn't.

When Elijah spoke, Harry felt on edge and pressured to answer the way the boy wanted. When Draco spoke, he relaxed, finding himself able to calm down. When Elijah looked at Harry, he found himself trying to remember every imperfect detail about himself and how to fix it to satisfy him. When Draco looked at Harry, the only thought going through his head was how beautiful the boy was. When Elijah wrapped his arm around Harry's shoulders at his parents' house, Harry had felt trapped and uncomfortable. When Draco casually draped his arm on the couch rest behind Harry's head in the middle of the common room, Harry felt sparks of excitement run through his body.

He was in love with Draco, and attempting to replace him with Elijah wasn't going to cut it.

He turned around, wide-eyed and terrified and overwhelmed, and could only whisper "No."

Draco reached out, taking Harry's hand. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Harry looked around the room at his laughing friends, dancing and spinning and singing off-key. He couldn't ruin this moment by making others worry about him.

"Later," he murmured, and Draco just smiled in agreement before grabbing Harry's hand and pulling him close to dance.