Day 7

Song: Sleigh Ride

It was much harder to get over Draco than Harry had initially thought.

Every thought he had yesterday that maybe he could just replace Draco with Elijah went out the window when he immediately noticed that Draco wasn't sitting at the table.

"Where's Draco?" he tried to ask nonchalantly, but the looks he received told him he wasn't pulling it off very well.

"I don't know," Pansy answered. Blaise shrugged.

Harry frowned, but sat down in between Hermione and Ron. They tried to give him sympathetic looks, but he brushed them off. His existence didn't rely on whether or not Draco was there every single second.

That thought didn't wave his disappointment.

He finished his breakfast early, sighing and pushing away his plate.

"I forgot my Potions essay in the Common Room, I'm gonna go get it," he said quietly.

"Do you want us to come?" Hermione asked, already pushing her food away.

"No, no, I'm good," he replied hastily. "See you guys later."

He missed their worried looks as he grabbed his bag and walked away.

He also missed the blue eyes watching him leave, the blonde boy quickly standing and following after him.

He carefully sidestepped the mistletoe in the entrance, walking up the stairs toward the dorms. Maybe he would skip classes today.

He ducked behind a curtain into a random corridor as he saw Romilda Vane and a few of her friends. Things had been weird ever since she had tried to kiss him last year.

He turned and started walking down the new corridor when he froze, mouth falling open in shock.

"Draco?"

The blonde looked up from his spot sitting against the wall. "Thank fuck."

"What's wrong?"

Draco pointed above himself at the silvery-green leaves. "I've been here for hours."

"How did you get over here? No one comes over here."

"You do, apparently."

Harry raised an eyebrow. Draco sighed.

"Alright, a few seventh year Slytherins are still mad about the war. They dragged me down here. Happy?"

"I'm sorry," Harry whispered.

Draco rolled his eyes. "Can you just get me out of here?"

Harry blushed, realizing what Draco was asking. He was going to kiss him. For the first time. He was going to kiss Draco Malfoy.

And he couldn't step forward.

"What the-"

Draco frowned, but then sighed, dropping his head.

"Great."

"Wha-" Harry looked up, freezing. "Aw, fuck."

He wanted to strangle the stupid fucking plant above his head. He was so fucking close.

"We have to stop meeting like this, Harry. People will talk."

Harry turned around, a bright smile on his face. "Elijah! Thank goodness."

The blonde leaned against the wall, grinning and crossing his arms. "How do you manage to get stuck under all of these? Not that I mind kissing you, of course, but really, Harry, you could just ask me out."

His friend next to him laughed softly. Harry blushed.

"Merlin, can you just make out already so we can fucking go?" Draco drawled, sounding irritated.

"Jesus, you're snappy," Elijah's friend muttered. He walked to the end of the hall and kissed Draco quickly. Draco stepped out of the reach other the mistletoe, rubbing his arms as though cold.

Elijah's grin dampened a little, but his smirk moments later made up for it. "Whaddya say, Harry?"

Harry was distinctly aware of three pairs of eyes on him.

He smiled at Elijah and when the boy kissed him, he tried to pretend like Draco wasn't there.