Day 9

Song: Let It Snow

Harry carefully added the butterfly wing, but despite his desperate attempt to get every ingredient right, his potion turned lavender, not yellow.

"Fuck," he muttered.

Suddenly, a drop of opalescent liquid fell into his cauldron, and after a second, it turned lavender.

Harry looked up in surprise to see a sheepish Draco holding a vial.

"You forgot unicorn tears," he said quietly.

"How did you know that?"

"I may or may not have been watching you as you made it and waiting for the right time to apologize for how I acted yesterday."

Harry's mouth fell open.

Draco looked down, tapping his index finger nervously against the tabletop. "It was extremely rude of me to ask that, especially since we've only been acquaintances for a week and obviously we don't mean that much to you, especially after the war. And what I said under the mistletoe... it was messed up. I'm sorry, Harry."

"Friends."

"I'm sorry?"

"We've been friends for a week. We've been acquaintances for seven years."

A slight smile tugged at Draco's lips. "I thought we were enemies?"

"I don't know if you've heard of a man named Voldemort. Kinda evil, killed a lot of people. He was a bad guy, he was an enemy. You were a kid with powerful influences over you and a lot of fear. You did what you had to do, and you're here today because of it. I don't blame you, and you were never my enemy."

Draco looked down, and then slowly back up at Harry.

"Thank you, Harry."

Harry bit his lip, smiling. "What are friends for?"