Day 17

Song: You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch

Harry searched the halls, blood boiling.

After Draco had asked him how Elijah could have known, Harry had frozen. He had made a half-dozen excuses, flimsy and scared of what it could mean.

When he had finally realized Draco was right, they had gone over a dozen other times Elijah had done something a little strange or off, and now Harry was looking for him to confront him.

He should be back by now, he thought.

Sure enough, seconds later, he stopped in a hallway, seeing Elijah uncomfortably standing underneath enchanted mistletoe.

"Harry, I've figured out how you can make it up to me," the blonde said smoothly, leaning back against the wall with a grin. "So, you can-"

"I have questions for you," Harry interrupted coldly.

Elijah's smile dropped. "Really? Just after I've decided to forgive you, you turn around and interrogate-"

"Elijah, you listen to me right now." Harry was breathing hard and he was shaking with nervousness and anger, but he needed to know.

Elijah only raised one irritated eyebrow.

"How did you know I was upset and ran out of the Great Hall on the day of our first date?"

Elijah paused, mouth opening and closing several times.

"I was turning back to-"

"How did you know when I had Potions? You were waiting outside the door."

Elijah was frozen now, eyes wide like a deer caught in the headlights.

"When Draco and I were stuck under the mistletoe in that corridor, how did you and your friend know we were there?"

Wide blue eyes blinked several times.

"Why did you lie about having previous boyfriends hurting you in the past?" Elijah opened his mouth, but Harry answered for him. "I think it's because you wanted to manipulate me into feeling bad for you and lowering my inhibitions."

Elijah looked irritated, opening his mouth, but Harry cut him off again.

"Better yet, why the hell would you lie about your sister being in the hospital? I think it was because you needed something that would get my attention away from the game we were playing in the Room of Requirement, which leads to my next question: how the hell did you know I was in there, and how could you possibly know I was dared to kiss Draco?"

That one had Elijah frozen again.

"And how did you know I'm playing Chaser this year instead of Seeker? We didn't disclose that information to anyone."

Elijah just stared as Harry advanced on him.

"I think you were stalking me. I think you were following me and manipulating me and using fake stories to your advantage, and I think you're an asshole who can stay here until someone finds you. We're through." Harry glared, turning around and storming away.

"Harry!"

Harry turned, fury filling him. "What?"

"Are you just going to leave me here? After you already broke my heart? You're going to leave me trapped here?" Elijah's eyes were wide and begging. Harry took a step toward him instinctively.

Then he stepped back again, glaring at the boy.

"You're done manipulating me. Get another idiot to kiss you, because I never will again."

And Harry turned around and left.