Day 4

Song: Santa Tell Me

To the people telling me that I'm not publishing these on time, im in Pacific standard time so for me, i am publishing them on the right days

Harry knew he shouldn't be so obvious about watching Draco, but he couldn't help but stare at the blonde.

He had changed since the war. They all had, but Harry supposed he was just hyperfocused on Draco because he was in love with him.

His grey eyes held a sort of heaviness from the memories of the war, his face constantly set in an expression of giving up. He was quieter, he ate less, and he was much more reserved. Despite mostly ignoring Harry, he acknowledged Ron and Hermione with slight smiles and wrapped his arms around Pansy and Blaise in hellos.

He had changed from the boy Harry had met in first year. The arrogance was gone, along with the defiant spark in his eyes and the disgusted look upon sight of Harry and his friends.

Draco was a stranger, and Harry had never wanted to get to know him more.

He wanted to see if that defiant spark could come back, if he could argue with the same passion he once had, if he could fight and if he could laugh and smile and joke and light up, if he could smirk and actually talk, not just whisper when spoken to. He wanted to see excitement, he wanted to see anger and passion and wild, uninhibited joy. He wanted to see Draco be a person.

But the more Harry thought about Draco, the more he realized he was becoming a person, a new person, a better person.

Draco was fixing up the Malfoy Manor, making it brighter and taking out anything that reminded anyone of the war. He had set up several shelters for orphaned children of the war, and over the summer had set up a program to get them into schools they wanted. He was getting his mother mental help after the ordeal, and he had stopped visiting his father in prison.

It really sank in that Harry had been staring too long when Draco looked up from his food to meet Harry's eyes. Grey eyes widened slightly, surprised at being watched, and Harry flushed.

They stared at each other for a moment, before Draco gave him the smallest of smiles and returned to his food.

Harry realized that in the war, Draco had truly lost everything.

So he was building himself a new everything.

Harry hoped he could be a part of Draco's everything.