vii. Moody Princess

seven moody princess

       WHAT DO YOU WEAR, to a meeting held by a little shit, at a dodgy pub, which some dick invited you to? Boots? To stomp on them? Or what? Mia examines her wardrobe with a titled head and eyes narrowed; she, of course, doesn't want to look as if she tried for this, but also, trying to look too nonchalant would go against every fashion belief Mia holds, that it's stupid to worry about if people thought you made an effort, because fuck it, everyone does. So Mia takes out her green plaid trousers, her black jumper, and denim jacket — the black one, with the tan collar. Then she grabs her Docs and trims her hair (it was starting to get too long) and walks out the dorm door.

       Most people don't pick up on clothes, anyway, Mia thinks. She knows she, personally, puts care into her outfits, but she knows that most people are gonna overlook them. Unless she rolls out in, like, her Yule Ball gown every single morning, people don't pay attention to clothes. Or, at least, not as much as you think. But Mia loves it dearly and likes to think about it, daydream new outfit ideas, wish that one day she'll have a good job so that she'll be able to afford a wicked wardrobe. She dreams of having a walk-in wardrobe.

       She knows it's bad, wanting that much, but imagine: Mia, with her cute little family, with this little room upstairs with a vanity and racks of clothes. Maybe she'll have a daughter, or a son, and either way, maybe they'll sit on her lap and she'll show them all of her different clothes, and maybe they'll adopt their own love for clothes, and she'll take her children out shopping.

       Mia knows she sounds like such a stereotype, but she loves to dream about what her life will be like, when she's all grown up. She has a whole life cooked up with her phantom bridegroom, because, come on, who doesn't? She likes to think about her wedding, how she'll have it in the summer when it's nice and warm, or maybe in the autumn, but like, early autumn so it's not super chilly. And for children, she likes the idea of just two — as an only child she wishes she had a sibling — and she's got a whole list of potential names written down... Well. She has boy names written down. For a girl, it's gonna be Emilia, not after her, but her mum.