xviii. Christmas, 1995

eighteen christmas, 1995

🤶

       CHRISTMAS EVE COMES AND GOES — MIA doesn't want to get into the specifics, because the entire day was all she could've asked for, truly. Mia, Sirius, and Emilia had dinner together, the three of them, on Christmas Eve, and her parents announced that they were going to renew their vows in the summer. "It seems like the right time, now we're all together again," Emilia had said with the happiest smile.

       When she wakes up on Christmas Day, though, the entire house is buzzing. Mia goes downstairs and opens her presents with her parents, and the rest of the Weasleys are sitting in the living room with them, to open their own. George makes an effort to sit next to Mia in the living room, Fred following and sitting on the other side of his twin so it doesn't look so obvious.

       Mia starts to open her presents, most of which being clothes. One's a fur coat that's half leopard print, and half black, and she puts it on top of her pyjamas immediately, hugging her parents to say thanks. They get her a pearl choker, too, and Mia gushes, "Oh my God!"

       She struggles to put it on, and George says he'll help, not realising the level of intimacy felt when putting a necklace on for someone. Mia holds up her hair, as he clips the necklace in place, and as she lets go of her hair, letting it fall back onto her shoulders, Fred starts to laugh.

       "Mia," says Mrs Weasley, when all of the presents have been opened, and breakfast is almost ready. "We got you a present, too."

       She gives Mia the present, wrapped with yellow paper. Already Mia knows it's a jumper, and as she looks around, at every Weasley and Harry wearing a knitted jumper with their initial on, Mia thinks, oh, I'm really apart of this now.

       Sure enough when she opens it, it's the same jumper as everyone else's, only with a big 'M' knitted onto the front. The rest of the wool is black, with the 'M' being a light gold. Molly smiles at Mia, as she says, "George said you'd like those colours, dear, but if you don't, that's more than fine, I can fix it..."