~Her First Fasting~

Nandini's POV

"She is okay, right" I heard a voice filled with panic ask this question.

Bhaiyu..............

"Yeah no need to worry, she is perfectly alright. She fainted because of weakness and of the fast, that's it" said another unknown voice.

"Nandi maa.................please wake up" cried candyfloss and I just wanted to open my eyes. But they weren't opening at all. I tried to move my fingers too but my brain was not listening my commands.

"Hey hey....................pumpkin she will wake up soon. Don't cry baby, then your Nandi maa won't like it" said Cabir in a soothing voice and I think he was consoling a crying candyfloss.

That's was when I felt someone holding onto my other hand. I could feel that hand giving me a reassuring squeeze, it was like they wanted me to open my eyes. With this assurance I again tried my best to hold onto that hand, and finally my efforts pulled off. I was able to hold that hand.

I tried to move my eyes when I heard the voice "Guys Nandhini is getting her conscious back."

Mr.Malhotra....................

The white light hit my eyes but with great difficulty I opened them to see Mr.Malhotra sitting beside me and looking at my face. I looked down to find his hand holding onto mine like his life depended on it. Then I looked around to find my family, Bhaiyu sitting beside my head and Bhabhi standing next to him. Cabir having a teary eyed Candyfloss in his arms and Navya standing behind him. Alya and Dhruv behind Mr.Malhotra and an unknown lady was standing at the foot of the bed.

"You scared us Nandhini" said Bhabhi and wiped a tear from her eye. "Nandi maa" shouted candyfloss and jumped from Cabir's arms and came running to me. She climbed on the bed next to her father and kissed my forehead. "Mrs.Malhotra it's nice that you have woken up. Please take proper rest and food and don't stress yourself, it's like you didn't have food from yesterday night and your BP levels are also low" said the doctor but I didn't give her much attention cause I just snuggled into my baby's lap.

"Thank you doctor" said Cabir and with that he went out of the room with her. "Bhai, Bhabhi ke varth kolo so that she can eat something" said Alya and once again my eyes met with Mr.Malhotra's. He nodded his head and was about to bring the glass of water near my mouth when I held his hand, stopping him. "Nandhini have some water" said Navya but I didn't listen to her, I just looked into his eyes, trying to convey my message to him.

He finally left a sigh and kept the glass on the table from where he took it. "Daddy......." shouted candyfloss cause Mr.Malhotra had lifted me in his arms and started to walk towards the terrace, where all the arrangement was made. "Manik where are you taking Nandhini" shouted Dhruv but he didn't listen to anyone. All the time his eyes were on me and mine were shocked as to how he understood my unspoken words.

"Manik, have you gone mad..............instead of feeding Nandhini where are you taking her" asked Bhaiyu but he still didn't answer anyone. When he reached the terrace, he placed me down next to the table and said "Your sister wanted to break her fast here." Everyone was looking at me, expecting me to agree with him but I choose to proceed with the ritual indirectly telling them my answer.

Mr.Malhotra understanding my unspoken words was shocking to me but I brushed it off and started to do the aarthi with the decorated plate. After that I looked at the moon through the sieve and then looked at him by moving the sieve to his face. He then made me have some water and then fed me the sweet. With that Mr.Malhotra again picked me up in his arms and walked down the stairs. "Where are you taking her now Manik" asked Mukthi Bhabhi.