~His Kiss~

Manik's pov

The drive from the hotel to our home was a silent one. The silence wasn't an awkward one. And neither one of us was ready to break the silence. But the silence still didn't stop me from stealing glances at her. She was looking outside the car window but her face had a serene glow of its own and a gentle smile on her lips. I wanted to know whether she liked my surprise or not, but I wasn't sure how to ask it to her.

Great, now I feel like a giddy High School Teenager..............

I parked the car in the garage and was walking towards the door. She didn't even wait for me to join her. She left as soon as I stopped the car in front of the door, leaving me behind to park the car. I didn't know what to conclude from this act of hers.

Is she avoiding me cause she didn't like the date or cause she is shy?

I would like to mostly go with the latter though, than the former. With these thoughts I reached my room. I went to my closet and picked out my night wear and quickly changed into it. And that was when I saw Nandhini coming into the room already changed into her night dress. "Where were you?" I asked her to which she replied as she was in princess's room. And with that I laid on the bed and was about to sleep when I heard Nandhini calling me.

"Mr.Malhotra..........thank you" she said and I sat up straight in front of her to have a look at her.

"For what Nandhini"

"For this wonderful night. Tonight will always be one of the most memorable moments of my life"

"One of the..................."

"Yeah the first one was and always is the first time I met candyfloss" she said with a dreamy sigh and she looked as though she was remembering the moment.

"So what about our first meet then"

"That one is totally in one of the worst moments of my life"

"Oh really"

"Yes really................cause I had the misfortune of meeting a monster"

"Monster you say yeah.................then let me show you what a monster can do" I said and moved closer to her face and more like hovered over her suddenly my gaze fell on her lips. They looked so juicy and tempting right now that I just want to bite them. I then again looked up to see her eyes looking at my lips. I quickly licked my lips feeling that they have become dry under her gaze and found her following my action too. Now her wet lips were even more inviting to me, and so I made the move of going even more closer to her. When both our lips were inches apart a knock on the door separated us and also disturbed the moment. I quickly moved away from her and went to see who was at the door right now. I was surprised to see princess rubbing her eyes at the door.

"What happened to my baby" I asked her to which she held her hands up to me so that I carry her. She then rubbed her forehead on my neck and placed her head on my shoulder and wound her hands around my neck. "Does princess want to sleep with her parents" I asked her to which I felt her nod her head and so I took her to the bed. When I placed Shalu on the bed she immediately crawled to her mother and hugged her around the waist and slept. Nandhini started to massage her hair softly and I saw princess snuggling even more to her. I smiled feeling that finally maybe my baby girl will get the love of a mother.

Maybe marrying Nandhini was not all that bad........................

I slept on my back with one hand resting on my stomach and the other resting on my eyes. With that I fell into a dreamless sleep.

The next day morning I woke up to find myself alone in the room so I went and took my shower and did my morning business too. With that I got myself ready for office and was about to wear my tie when I saw Nandhini walk into the room. Thinking that now is the time for me to get back at for what she said to me yesterday night I called her.