2. The Assault

"Ugh.."A grunt escaped my lips as the effects of black out started wearing off; drifting between consciousness and unconsciousness for an unknown period of time, before finally being able to pry my eyes open. For a while, I couldn't fully comprehend about my current state. Everything felt hazy and that blasting headache—I thought with a groan and unconsciously lifted my right hand to my head; when I found it immobilised. A sharp pain travelled up my arm as a result of my attempt to free it. Taking a few sharp breaths, I tried to take in my surroundings. There wasn't any light in the room and with this shooting headache, it was getting harder to grasp the minimal light entering through the window.

With a gulp, I tried to calm my mind and tried opening my eyes once more. I could still feel the throbbing in the back of my eyes but it felt a little easier than before. Gradually, I was able to realise that I was in my own room and the prick was due to the cannula passed in my hand, which was right now in someone's grasp. Heaving, I tried to sit up but fell back on my head.

Immediately, someone rose up and turned on the lamp. The sudden flash blinded me for a couple of minutes and I tried to cover my face with my hands.

"Aasiya." I heard the familiar voice say and a surge of emotions engulfed me. For a split second my mind went blank; when I felt his hands on my shoulder.

"Aasiya?" His voice was gentle like his touch but it stirred me to the very core. Suddenly, I felt shivers running through my entire body. His hands gently pulled away mine; yet, I didn't open my eyes. I felt like I could never open them again.

"Hey, Princess. It's me." He cooed, his voice barely a whisper. I wanted to cry. I felt like crying. I am not sure why, though.

"Hey.." He whispered again, brushing away the strands of hair falling on my face and putting them behind my ear. Unintentionally, I shirked away from his touch. I felt his hand freeze; his entire body freeze. I could hear his thoughts; I could read him with my eyes closed.

I knew Navi, like I knew myself and so did he.

"—Aasiya, look at me. I am here—Hey.." He cupped my face in his hands and I slowly looked at him. It took me a while to adjust to the lighting and when I finally saw him, I broke. Like a broken dam, letting loose.

"Na—Nav—" I watched him with tears pooling in my eyes, so that I couldn't even see his face anymore.

"Yes...I am here." He whispered gently, pressing his forehead with mine, caressing my hair with his other hand.

"I—" I tried speaking between hiccups but nothing coherent came out. Pulling away from his hold, I grasped the front of his shirt.

"Navi—" I watched him with quivering lips, trying to tell him something while he watched me with a small sad smile playing on his lips. Shaking my head at him, in hopes to convey something. But what?

Before I could figure that out, I started feeling lightheaded and the last thing I remember was Navi shouting my name.

—————————

I woke up to the sound of someone talking near me. With a groan, I hid my face in my blanket and stayed like that for a bit.

"I think she is up. Call sir." I heard an unknown voice speak and in one swift motion I pulled away the blanket from my face and sat up. Turning to the source of voice, I found someone in a lab coat standing next to my bed. On noticing my gaze, she opened her mouth to say something but before I could inquire anything, he came in.