17. The Conclusion

"Aasiya!!" I could hear Navi yelling behind me but I didn't bother to stop until I was safe outside. The chill struck my bare sleeves but I was too preoccupied to even out my heaving breaths to take any notice of it.

"Aasi—What's wrong—!?" He screamed coming to stand beside me and gently taking hold of my arm while I bent down to my knees, with a hand pressed against my chest.

"DON'T—!" I screamed, slapping away his hands and backing away from him. He gaped at me shocked. Even saying that he was shocked was an understatement.

"Wha—Why?—Why are you acting this way Princess—" He began confused, trying to laugh away my rejection and inched towards me. However, the disgust visible on my face made him halt in his tracks.

"How dare you—!! How dare you, Navi?!!" I bellowed through tears still heaving from lack of breath. His face turned into a mixture of rage and impending doom as he blankly stared at me. I could see his mouth forming into a thin line and his face hardening with constrained anger.

"How dare you do this to me?! Who the hell do you think you are?! I will make you pay for this, Navi ! You—You just wait, Navi! ! Did you think, I will go along with this—this—! Huh?! Marry me—?! What did you think—?! That I would—?!" I was shaking all over and my words were toppling over eachother. The anger was so raw and so unexpected that I didn't know how to go on. I was so scared and so angry. He didn't say anything rightaway. Instead came up to pull me to himself by my elbow. His grip on my elbow was tightening by passing second and it didn't seem to bother him. If I were not so scared of him at that moment, I would've bolted but I was—I was terrified. I couldn't look away as the brown in his pupils turned a pure black, and he glowered at me with a hard, coldblooded look. The eyes that glowed with warmth and love once upon a time were now unmoving and filled with cold rage.

"What? What did you say? How dare I?" His voice was low and laced with poison. The kind and loving Navi, I once knew was gone in this moment and in his stead was the monster that he always tried so hard to suppress.

"Did I ever give you any reason to assume otherwise? HUH?!!" He screamed the last word and I flinched away with sobs breaking loose. I didn't have the courage to open my eyes. I was so scared but to no avail because he pulled me to himself the next second. His other hand roughly clutching at the top of my gown to pull me to him.

"You're mine. Have been and always will be. One more word out of you—and I am going to forget that I love you." He seethed through clenched teeth, not taking into notice the sobs escaping from my lips or the shudders going through my body. And just when he let go of me, I dropped to the ground with a slump. However, he didn't bother to spare me another glance and turned to leave.

"You're wrong." The sobs were no where near stopping. I was scared but wasn't willing to give up. His feet halted midstep and he flipped his head to look at me, whose tear filled eyes were focused on him.

"I was never yours—Navi—Never—will be— I will die—before succumbing to your—greed—I will die at my own hands—if that's what it takes to escape—-you—" I managed to say through sobs but before I could finish, he stormed towards me with flared anger and I closed my eyes in anticipation of the painful strike which never came; because our theatrics were cut short by the appearance of Saad, Navi's friend who came from behind and stopped him. He tried to calm him whose eyes were still seeking me in hopes to slap some sense into me but Saad pulled him back into the house with great difficulty; leaving me a pathetic, bitter mess all alone in the backyard.

A few moments passed while I sat there crying with my arms wrapped around my knees. And then after getting some strength, I started walking out of the estate, barefoot.