Chapter 5

PICTURED: Asha's party outfit

༻✧༺

I had only been at the party for all of five minutes, but my head was already buzzing. My skin was hot and my senses seemed heightened, yet everything felt like it was going in slow motion. I continued to drink my vodka, washing it down with orange juice, lemonade or just downing it straight.

"Let's go dance!" Amanda called to us, and we all hurried out onto the makeshift dance floor that looked like an emptied out living room.

The beat of the song was addicting, and we all swayed our hips to the music. My hair was falling over my face as I danced, and when I pushed it out of my eyes I saw Luke and a girl dancing together. He had his hands on her hips as he stood behind her, grinding his groin into her back. A pang of jealousy ricocheted through me at the sight, but I didn't want to let it ruin my night.

"I'm going to get another drink!" I yelled over the music. The girls nodded and I weaved my way through the throbbing crowd and back to the kitchen. I went into the esky to find my vodka when a familiar voice made me turn around.

"Hey there, stranger."

I snapped my head around and saw Bailey leaning against the kitchen counter, beer in hand. She looked flawless. Her hair was pulled back into a messy bun. Her eyes were slightly darker than they had been at school, which I put down to the effects of alcohol. She was wearing a leather jacket, a crisp white t-shirt and ripped black skinny jeans. She had heavy boots on her feet and I admired her style. She looked effortlessly incredible. I saw her eyes flick down to my exposed cleavage when I turned around, but I pretended that I didn't notice.

"Hey, Bailey!" I said back, grabbing my drink that I poured myself and standing up. I walked over to Bailey and stood next to her, leaning my lower back against the kitchen bench.

"You look good," I told her, looking her up and down. I could feel myself flirting with her, and I inwardly cursed at myself. Why was I flirting with her? She is a girl! I let my eyes wander back up to her face, and they locked with hers. She was biting her lip, studying me intensely.

"You look....wow!" Bailey replied, not hiding the fact that her eyes were locked on my chest.

"My face is up here, Lancaster..." I said jokingly, leaning forward and placing my finger under her chin, lifting her face to meet mine. She met me with a smirk playing on her lips, her eyes boring into mine.

Before we could say another word, Luke interrupted us. He came barrelling into the kitchen, reeking of beer and cigarette smoke. His eyes met ours and his face broke out into that signature smile.

"Ladies!" he roared, "We are playing spin the bottle, come join us!"

"Spin the bottle? I forgot we are in eighth grade," Bailey said, rolling her eyes.

"Come on, it'll be fun!" I teased, grabbing her hand and dragging her out of the kitchen, following Luke to where the game was being played. As we walked, I felt her fingers lace in with mine and my heartbeat fastened. Why was my body reacting this way to her? I didn't have feelings for her, I'm straight!

We walked into a room just off to the side of the dance floor and saw a group of people sitting in a circle on the floor. I could see Amanda, Casey and Breanna sitting in the circle, and they excitedly moved over so that I could sit between them. Bailey sat on the opposite side of the circle next to Luke, rolling her eyes as she lowered herself onto the ground.

"Alright everyone, so we're doing Truth or Dare Spin The Bottle, so whoever the bottle lands on has to either answer a question or do a dare, then they spin and whoever it lands on has to do the same thing and so on. If you refuse, you have to skull your drink!" Luke explained loudly. Everyone nodded in understanding and Luke grabbed the empty beer bottle, placing it in front of him and spinning it with force.