Chapter 7

PICTURED: Asha's outfit

༻✧༺

The bell rang and school was finally over. I breathed a sigh of relief as I packed up my things and shoved them into my backpack. I was so excited to spend the afternoon with Bailey, even if we were just doing assignments. I walked out of the door with Amanda, heading towards the car park.

"Hey Asha, did you want to come over this afternoon? Lauren and Chelsea are coming over as well," Amanda asked me.

"Sorry, I can't today. Bailey and I got assigned to be partners for an assignment, I told her we could work on it this afternoon," I told her. She looked at me with a small smile.

"Bummer, maybe next time then!" Amanda said sadly, waving at me before walking to her car. I stood at the gate to the car park, trying to figure out which car was Bailey's. I was tossing up between a large black Jeep or a black Range Rover. Soon enough, Bailey made her way out of the school and headed towards the car park. She bypassed both cars and walked straight towards a motorbike. You've got to be fucking with me.

"Are you serious?" I said loudly, catching her attention. She turned towards me, a puzzled expression on her face.

"Serious about what?" she asked me.

"You expect me to ride a motorbike?" I asked incredulously.

A devious smile worked its way onto her face as she realised my concern. She walked over to me and handed me her helmet.

"I'll be extra careful, come on!" she said, grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the bike.

"How can you even ride it with your hand?" I asked her.

"Don't you worry about me," she said, climbing onto the bike, "just hold on tight."

I climbed onto the back of the bike nervously, holding her waist timidly. I heard her chuckle in front of me, grabbing my hands with hers and wrapping them tighter around her waist. A jolt of excitement ran through my body and I felt her tense underneath my touch. Did I have the same effect on her as she had on me? She kicked her motorbike into gear and sped out of the car park. My arms tightened around her waist as we drove and I could feel her torso shake from laughter.

"Calm down!" she yelled, laughing as she weaved through traffic.

"Easier said than done!" I yelled back, still gripping tightly to her body. We made our way through the streets of Chadstone until we finally arrived out the front of my house. Bailey parked the motorbike and helped me off. I took off the helmet and shook my head, letting my messy helmet hair fall back into place. I handed the helmet back to her and she places it on the handle of the bike, then stood back to look at my house.

"Nice place!" she said, admiring the two storey building in front of her.

"Thanks, I'm still getting used to it," I admitted, laughing slightly.

We walked together to the front door and I let her in. My mum was standing in the kitchen with her back facing us, cooking something with smelt absolutely delicious.

"Hi, sweetie!" she called out, not looking up from what she was doing.

"Hey, mum. Smells great! What are you making?" I asked, walking over with Bailey to the kitchen.

"I've just finished making brownies, they're cooling now," she said, looking up at me. "Oh, whose this?" she asked.

"This is Bailey, we are doing our Modern History assignment together," I explained, standing to the side so my mum and Bailey could shake hands.