Chapter 12

PICTURED: Asha's party outfit

༻✧༺

It was 9:30pm, three hours since Chelsea's party had started. I was well into my 10th cup of punch and I knew I should probably slow down. My body felt sensitive but numb at the same time, my head hazy but calm. My inhibitions were practically non-existent and I was determined to have a good night.

Alexa had arrived with her boyfriend at 9pm, and came up to give me a hug.

"Girl, you look gorgeous!" she said.

"Aw thank you, so do you!" I replied, hugging her tightly.

"Connor, this is Asha. She's in my music class!" Alexa said, introducing me to her boyfriend.

"Hey, I've heard you've got an incredible voice!" Connor said as he went in for a hug.

I smiled bashfully and thanked them, trying not to let on to the fact that I was heavily under the influence. We chatted for a good 15 minutes before the alcohol hit my bladder suddenly.

"I'll be back, I've just gotta find the bathroom!" I said, and I hurried off.

I stumbled through the halls of Chelsea's house, winding my way through the crowd. I desperately needed to pee and I couldn't find the fucking toilet. Finally after what seemed like forever I found the bathrooms, and practically jumped in and closed the door. Once I was finished I tried to fix up my makeup as much as possible before letting myself out. When I opened the door, I was greeted by a sight I did not want to see. Bailey was standing opposite the bathroom door, a girl I didn't recognise draped over her like some sort of baby monkey.

"Bailey...hi," I stuttered, my heart dropping at the sight.

"There's my girl, I've been looking for you!" she said, grabbing my hand in hers and pulling me close. She kissed my cheek and whispered,

"I've missed you,"

"I missed you too," I admitted, and the girl she was talking to stormed off in a hurry.

"She wouldn't leave me alone," Bailey explained.

"What, so you didn't actually miss me?" I said. I tried to act like I was joking but I don't think it worked.

"No babe, I did miss you. I've been looking for you since you walked away from me!" she told me, pulling me into a hug. My arms snaked around her neck and hers rested above my bum on my tailbone where my hair fell.

"Lets go dance!" I said, grabbing her and pulling her down the hallway to the dance floor. The music was loud but not loud enough to drown out the voice in my head telling me to kiss Bailey. She looked so good and my body was responding heavily. Between my legs had been throbbing the entire night, practically begging for her touch.

We made our way to the middle of the dance floor, surrounded by sweat, alcohol and god knows what else. Bailey grabbed my hips from behind and began to grind into me, moving my hips in time with hers. I couldn't help but bite my lip to stop myself from moaning at her touch. I threw my head back to lean against her shoulder, exposing my neck slightly. What I didn't expect was for her to lean forward and leave a soft kiss directly over the scar that Luke had made on my skin.

I spun around, wrapping my arms around her shoulders and continued to move against her. I looked up at her and our eyes met, her gaze so strong I could feel it on me. Her hands slowly moved down and squeezed my bum tightly, and I slapped her hands away.

"That's no way to treat a lady, Lancaster!" I scolded, although the smile on my face indicated I definitely didn't mind.

"So sorry ma'am, what can I do to make it up to you?" she joked, giving me a small bow.