Chapter 11

PICTURED: Asha's party outfit

༻✧༺

"Guys, I can't believe winter holidays starts tomorrow!" Heidi exclaimed, clapping excitedly.

"Which means my party is in like...5 days!" Chelsea said excitedly. "I think I'm going to make a punch, so I might ask Dylan to get some alcohol for me and I'll pay him back."

We all nodded in agreement, deciding on a blue coloured punch to go with her 'winter wonderland' theme. She informed us that she had hired snow machines and fog machines, intent on having her party be 'the party of the century'. Nothing like this ever happened at my old school...what kind of area had I moved into?

The bell rang, ending recess, and we all dispersed and went to our different classes. I headed to the music faculty which was something I became to dead. I was always anxious that one day I would walk back and Luke would be sitting there. It had been a few weeks since the incident and there was still no word from him, so I hoped that meant he was never coming back.

I walked into the room and took my seat in the middle row and waited for the rest of the class to file in. The teacher decided to give our class the entire lesson to work on our auditions for the charity event. I had narrowed down my options to two songs; 'The Call' by Regina Spektor and 'Turning Tables' by Adele. As I sat there practicing, I felt a hand touch my shoulder lightly. I jumped and stopped playing, whipping my head around to see a girl standing behind me.

She had the most piercing green eyes I had ever seen, framed by winged eyeliner, her hair so dark it was almost black. She was beautiful.

"You're an incredible singer!" she said, standing back from me.

"Oh...thank you!" I said awkwardly. "I'm Asha."

"Yeah, I know. Everyone knows who you are," she told me.

"What, how?" I asked, surprised. I had no idea that people other than those I had met knew anything about me.

"You're the girl Bailey went psycho on Luke for. No one has ever seen Bailey get like that before!" the girl told me. "Anyway, I'm Alexa."

She stuck out her hand and I shook it firmly.

"Yeah, I don't know why Bailey did that. I'm not complaining though," I mumbled, looking down awkwardly.

"No one is, Luke is a dickhead and he deserved it. It was about time someone gave it to him, although I'm sorry you had to go through that for it to happen," she said sympathetically.

I smiled at her and nodded in appreciation. I didn't really know how to respond when people said things like that, especially since I was new. The one thing I didn't want to do at this new school was overstep any boundaries so I kept my mouth shut.

"You're really good friends with Chelsea, aren't you? Will I be seeing you at her party on Wednesday?" she asked me.

"Yeah, I'll be there!" I told her, and she gave me a warm smile before walking off to the violin section.

Soon enough school was over and I was walking through the school car park to get to the bus stop. Just as I was exiting the gates, I heard someone call my name.

"Oi, Asha!" the voice called.

I turned around to see Bailey jogging up to me, helmet in hand.

"I'll give you a ride home," she said to me.

"No, it's fine. I don't want you to go out of your way," I told her. I still felt bad about being so vulnerable in front of her. When we became assignment partners I'm sure she had no idea what she was in for.