Chapter 15

PICTURED: Asha's outfit

༻✧༺

I woke up on Tuesday morning bright and early. Today was mufti day at school to raise money for the Larchdale fire victims, so I left enough time to shower and choose my outfit for the day. After showering and washing my hair I opened my closet door and was overwhelmed by the amount of clothes I had accumulated. My mum had truly spoiled me over the holidays and my wardrobe had practically doubled in size. Since the weather was still quite cold, I chose a big camel coloured jumper, a black bodysuit and dark denim ripped jeans.

I braided my hair in French braids which made their way down to my waist, and I did my makeup a bit heavier than usual. Why? I'm not too sure. To impress Bailey? Maybe.

My mum had left for work early this morning, meaning that I was left alone in the house. I'd been living here for a few months now and I still hadn't fully explored every nook and cranny. Bailey wasn't going to be arriving for another hour, so I went outside and admired my backyard that I had spent hardly any time in.

Rose bushes lined the fence and a large pool was in the corner. I'd only found out a few weeks ago that the pool was actually heated. We had a small patio outside of our front door with a table and four chairs that looked out onto the garden. It was small and modest...perfect for my mum and me.

It was no mansion, but it could definitely hold seventy or eighty people comfortably if you included the backyard. I don't think I'd be able to top Chelsea's set up though...no way. I made my way back inside and prepared myself some raisin toast and a hot chocolate for breakfast. It was seven thirty when I got a message on my phone from an unknown number.

Unknown: Oi, it's Bailey. I know I'm early but I'm out the front. I can wait if you're not ready yet.
PS. I'm not a stalker, got your number from Mollie x

I added her number to my phone before jogging to the front door. I opened it to see Bailey leaning against her bike, gazing off into space.

"Hey!" I called, catching her attention. "I'm still eating breakfast so come inside."

"I can wait out here..." she said awkwardly, but I rolled my eyes in response.

"No, come in. It's too cold out," I said, ushering her inside. As she walked in I admired her outfit. She wore her usual casual attire, but still managed to look perfect every single time.

"Have you eaten?" I asked her as we made our way to the kitchen.

"Nah, I was just gonna grab something from the canteen," she said, sitting down on the bar stool.

"Don't be silly, grab whatever you want!" I said, opening the cupboards to reveal an abundance of cereals and other breakfast foods. My mum was a big fan of the saying 'breakfast is the most important meal of the day', hence the extensive range of food in our pantry.

"Damn, Lawrence. You guys are ready for a zombie apocalypse!" she laughed, her eyes roaming the cupboard.

"Yeah, my mum is a big breakfast fan..." I told her, "But seriously, have anything you want!"

Bailey jumped off the bar stool and grabbed a bagel, slicing it open and placing it in the toaster. She then grabbed some jam and waited for the toaster to pop.

"Do you want a coffee or anything?" I offered, taking a sip of my hot chocolate.

"What are you drinking?" She asked me.

"Just a hot chocolate, I can make you one if you want?" I asked.

"Please!" she nodded, and jumped when the toaster popped, causing me to chuckle loudly.