Chapter 9: An Amazing House

•Kira•
Day by day we are getting closer to the City. Survivors are supposed to be there. I knew that we weren't the only ones. We walk along a twisty road in the woods. My mom finds a house that is white. It's beautiful. There are dead flowers in the garden. If I had Sunflower seeds, I would plant new flowers. Around the perimeter of the yard is a tall black iron fence. The yard is small, but it makes the house look big. I take one step into the yard, and I hear moaning. I walk up onto the porch and everyone follows. We all surround the door. Jordan opens it quietly, and two walkers come out. I lead them outside of the iron gate and kill them. With my knife so that a sounds doesn't attract more. We head inside and make sure that was all of them. We choose where we are going to sleep. I choose a smaller room upstairs. It was a little girl's room at one point. The bedspread was princesses, and there was a crown pillow. A bunch of dolls were on a shelf above a desk in the corner. The desk was white, and had notebooks piled on them. Some of them were sketch books. Whoever this girl was, she was an amazing artist. Her closet had clothes that I would where. They obviously didn't fit me, but the style was right. Black combat boots, camouflage shirts, and jeans. She had a bookshelf, which was filled with books. I imagine that she liked to read...
"Kira!" Jordan yelled up the stairs.
"Ya?" I said.
"Your parents want you to come and eat!" She said.
"Okay, tell them I will be down in a minute." I said.
I new what the meal would be. Bread and whatever my dad had hunted that day. Most likely a squirrel.