Chapter 20: The City

We all wake up at the same time. I start packing immediately. I want to get out of this area of the woods as soon as possible. I also want to find my family. Katie and Morgan notice I'm in a hurry and start packing too. Once everything is packed we move on. I have my knife in my hand, ready to kill any walkers that jump out unexpectedly. I look along the ground, it must have snowed over night. There is just a little layer. I can still see the grass through it. The woods is going to look beautiful when it is filled with snow. We have a bit more to go, and we will be at the city. I can't wait.
"Hey Kira?" Katie asks.
"Ya." I say.
"Do you think that we are going to ever leave the city? Or are we going to stay there forever?" She asks.
"I don't know. We might stay. We might leave. It will probably be up to my parents if I ever see them again." I say.
"Ok." She says.
"Are you going to stay with us? Or are you leaving once I get to the city?" I ask Katie.
"I want to stay. But I guess it is up to you parents." She says.
"Ok." I say.
We walk in silence until we get to the city. We arrived. We are at the city. I stay hidden in a bush because there are guards outside of the city entrance. I tell Katie and Morgan to stay here. I walk out into the road.
"Hello" I shout to them.
The one guard points to me.
Three more emerge from a building and guns.
"What are you doing?" I ask. They ask me to put my hands behind my back. Which I do because I don't want any trouble.
"Katie, Morgan, run!!" I scream over to them. It's too late. They are being brought to a tall building, which looks like it is touching the sky. As I'm being pushed behind the city walls, I look to my right and see my family running up to me. Before they get close I tell them to run. But guards already have them. I get asked to walk up twenty-seven flights of stairs. I then have to knock on the door on the twenty-seventh flight three times. From there I will get further instructions. As I'm walking up the stairs thought race through my mind.
-Where am I?-
-Where is my family?-
-Where is Jordan?-
-Where is Katie and Morgan?-
-What is this place?-
I reach the door, shaking, I knock three times. The door quickly opens. And I am pulled in.