Chapter 16: The Rowboat

I wake up to the sun shining in my eyes. It's a beautiful day out. Not to hot, not to cold. I wake up Morgan and Katie and they start pulling food out of their bags.
"Wait." I say. They put the food back in their bags.
"Maybe we can go fishing." I say looking out the window. "I can see the river from here, probably isn't that long of a walk."
"I don't want to..." Said Katie. "I'm tired."
"Fine." I say and walk outside to sit in the backyard. They start pulling out food again. I look around to see if any walkers are coming. There isn't. This area seems pretty safe. I wish I wanted to stay, because it is really nice here. But we need to head over across the river. I call them outside and we all pull the rowboat out of the huge shed. Once it is safely on the ground I check for holes in the bottoms or sides. There isn't any. I drag the rowboat along the ground for about 10 minutes. I then am at the river. I put it in the water just to make sure there aren't any holes that I don't see. There isn't. The girls come over with everything. The backpacks, ores, and their duffle bag that they insist on carrying. I throw it into the back of the rowboat, and all three of us pile in. I take the ores and start rowing forward.