Chapter 11: A fight

Tiffany's feet are better. She says they still hurt, but I know she just doesn't feel like walking. I have to admit I'm pretty tired too. We have been walking straight for two days. Every time I ask my dad if we are going to make a camp he responds by saying soon. Last time I asked him was about 1 hour ago. Jordan looks like she is going fall over any minute. My mom looks exhausted. I wonder what I look like. Tiffany is humming a tune. Probably some song she heard on the radio when we had one. That seems like forever ago...
All of a sudden three walkers emerge from the woods. It wakes me from my day dream. I walk over with Jordan and kill them. I find a hardware store and walk in along with my dad and Jordan, my mom and Tiffany go in the food store next door. When we walk in, there are about five walkers. My dad kills them easily while I walk around. I find a hammer, it can always be used as a weapon. I grab five, for each of the people in our "group" including me. My dad takes a sweep around just to check things out. Once we are done in the store we head over to the food store. We walk in and it is really quiet. All of a sudden I hear an ear piercing scream. Tiffany. I sprint to where the noise is coming from. I see her being held hostage by a girl, a little old than me. I lunge at her, but she moves out of the way. She throws my sister to the side and is focused on me. She tries to stab me in the head, but it ends up in the floor next to me. The girl points her gun toward my head, I react quickly. I turn it around, not even taking it out of her hands, she screams in pain because I just broke her finger. I then shoot her in the head. I stand up and breath heavily. I walk over to my sister to make sure she is okay. She says she is fine for the fact that she was thrown on the ground. Her head kinda hurts. My parents and Jordan come running over. My mom is so thankful to hear that we are both okay. I want to stay here for the night. My dad agrees it would be a good idea.